Masa Israel Journey connects Jewish young adults between the ages of 18 and 30 to take 5-12 month gap year, study abroad, post-college, volunteer and Jewish studies programs in nearly any field. All Masa Israel participants are eligible to apply for universal grants and needs-based scholarships. The amount available depends on the applicant’s country of origin, their age and the program they attend.
- Study Subject (s): Masa Israel scholarships are awarded in any field.
- Course Level: Through Masa Israel, applicants can take a gap year after high school, study abroad during college, or pursue graduate study, volunteer opportunities or professional internships in nearly any field. There are truly options for everyone.
- Scholarship Provider: Masa Israel Journey (a joint project of the Government of Israel and the Jewish Agency for Israel)
- Scholarship can be taken at Israel
To be eligible for a Masa Israel grant, you must:
Great opportunity for aspirants.
User Review( votes)
- Be Jewish
- Be a graduate of a secondary school and/or between the ages of 18 and 30
- Not have Israeli citizenship OR if you do, you must have left Israel before the age of 14 and have lived outside of Israel for at least four consecutive years prior to receiving your grant
- Have not been on an organized program (including an academic program) of more than four months in Israel since September 2004
- Have not spent 4 consecutive months or longer in Israel within the 24 month period prior to the start of your chosen Masa program after the age of 18.
- Need-Based Scholarships
Participants on Masa Israel-recognized long term programs who fit the eligibility requirements listed above can apply for additional need-based financial aid depending on their country of origin and income.
Number of award(s): Not Known
Duration of award(s): Masa Israel Journey connects Jewish young adults to 5-12 month gap year, study abroad, post-college, volunteer, and Jewish studies programs. If a program is shorter than ten months, the need-based scholarship will be proportional to the length of the program.
What does it cover? All Masa Israel participants are eligible to apply for universal grants and needs-based scholarships. The amount available depends on your country of origin, your age and the program you attend. The Masa Israel scholarships include the following-
How to Apply: Apply for your Masa Israel grant and/or scholarship:
Requests for grants, including all required documents, must be submitted no later than halfway through your program. Requests for need-based scholarships must be submitted no later than 60 days before the program’s official start date
Scholarship Application Deadline: Open