DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service) is funding Master Awards in Public Policy and Good Governance at German institution in Germany. Students of Africa, Latin America, South Asia, Southeast Asia as well as from countries in the Middle East can apply for these endowments.
This programme is designed to further qualify future leaders in politics, law, economics and administration according to the principles of Good Governance and to prepare them in a praxis-oriented course for their professional life.
User Review( votes)
The DAAD supports over 100,000 German and international students und researchers around the globe each year – making it the world’s largest funding organisation of its kind.
The latest university degree should have been obtained during the six years prior to the application for the opportunity . Applicants cannot be considered if they have stayed in Germany for more than 15 months at the time of application.
- Application Deadline: July 31, 2018
- Course Level: The studentships are for Master courses at a German institution of higher education.
- Study Subject: The studentships are provided in disciplines that are of special relevance for the social, political and economic development of applicant’s home country.
- Award: DAAD pays a monthly scholarship rate of currently 850 €. the program also includes contributions to health insurance in Germany. In addition, DAAD grants an appropriate travel allowance and a study and research subsidy as well as rent subsidies and/or allowances for spouses and/or children where applicable. DAADscholarship holders within the Helmut-Schmidt-Programme are 2 exempted from tuition fees.
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- Nationality: Europe, Africa, Middle East, Asia and America
- The award can be taken in Germany
- Eligible Countries: List of Countries: Europe (Ukraine), Africa (Algeria, Egypt, Libya, Morocco, Tunisia, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Congo, Dem. Rep., Central African Republic, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauretania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria) Middle East (Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Pakistan, Palestinian Administered Areas, Syria and Yemen), Asia: (Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Myanmar, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Cambodia, Indonesia, Korea, Dem. Rep., Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, Philippines, Thailand, Timor-Leste and Vietnam, Rwanda, Sâo Tomé und Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe, America (Belize, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Grenada, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, St. Kitts-Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and Grenadines, Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Ecuador, Guyana, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname and Venezuela) can apply for this DAAD International scholarship.
- Entrance Requirements: The programme is open for very well qualified graduates with a first university degree (bachelor or equivalent) who want to actively contribute to the social and economic development of their home countries. The bursaries are offered both for young graduates without professional experience and for mid-career professionals. the program scheme is open to graduates in the field of social sciences, political sciences, law, economics and in public administration from Africa, Latin America, South Asia and Southeast Asia, from countries in the Middle East as well as from the Ukraine.
- English Language Requirements: For Master courses taught in German or in German and English, good knowledge of German (ideally at completed A 2 level at the time of application) is an advantage for being able to pass the German language test required for admission to the Master programme at the end of the six-month preparatory German course. For courses taught in English, proof of good knowledge of English is required.
How to Apply: Applications have to be submitted in German or English. Please indicate that you are applying for the DAAD Helmut-SchmidtProgramme (Master’s scholarships for Public Policy and Good Governance). Please submit your applications for the selected master`s courses and for the DAAD scholarship to the respective universities only (not to DAAD). The application period at all 8 universities lasts from June 1 st to July 31st 2018. Applications sent to the DAAD will not be forwarded to the respective course/university. They become property of the DAAD and will NOT be returned. The applicant has no right to claim for reimbursement. You are allowed to submit your application for up to two master`s courses listed below. Please fill in the DAAD application form only once making clear which study course is your first and which is your second priority. Please send this same application form and the necessary documents listed below to the two universities of your choice. In case your application is sent to more than two universities or if non-specific priorities are given your application will not be accepted. The necessary documents are:
- DAAD application form for research grants and study scholarships (please fill in electronically and not written by hand)
- Motivation letter containing a precise description of the applicant’s academic/professional and personal reasons for choosing this application programme and the universities, two pages maximum
- Full curriculum vitae including information about precise field of study and, if applicable, description of job experience
- Copies of acquired university degrees (an explanation of the grading system has to be attached)
- Copies of the transcript of records
- Copy of the school leaving certificate/high school diploma which entitles holders to study at a university in their home country
- Recent language certificates (German and English)
- Two letters of recommendation by university professors and/or current or former employers of recent date, supplemented by signature, official letterhead, stamp (not in a sealed envelope)
Please consider that illegible documents can lead to a formal rejection. If you fail to follow the given procedures, you will be excluded from the application process. The committee selecting the candidates at the end of 2018 consists of professors responsible for the respective study programmes and of representatives from DAAD. All applicants will be informed at the end of the selection process – approx. by the end of December 2018.