Undergraduate funding for the talented and motivated students entering year 2, year 3, or year 4 at Wilfrid Laurier University.
The fund is available for Canadian students who want to pursue an undergraduate degree program. This program will provide worth up to a maximum of $1,500 for your first year at Laurier.
Nice choice to study undergraduate in Canada.
User Review( votes)
Founded in 1960, the Wilfrid Laurier University offers more than 100 Laurier degree programs in a variety of fields. It has 15,000 full-time undergraduate students, over 900 full-time grad students and nearly 3,000 part-time students.
Why at Wilfrid Laurier University? WLU gives various employment opportunities for students to assist them in their career development.
Application Deadline: April 9, 2021
Applicant must have a minimum GPA of 7.0 to apply for this award.
If your first language is not English, you must submit evidence of your English proficiency Internet-based testing (TOEFL iBT): an overall score of 83, International English Language Testing System (IELTS): an academic score of 6.5, Michigan Language Assessment (MELAB): 85 overall or higher, Canadian Academic English Language Assessment (CAEL): 70 overall, 60 in each band, Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE): 59 overall, and Cambridge Assessment English (CAE): Overall score of 176.
How to apply
To apply students need to take admission in an undergraduate degree at the university. When you receive an offer of admission. Recipients must be registered full-time. No application is required.
- Go to the LORIS website.
- Log in using your Laurier Network Login username and temporary password, which is present to your date of birth in the format MMDDYYYY. You’ll need to change your password and add secret questions the first time you log in to LORIS.
- Select the “Student Awards and Financial Aid” tab and then click on “Student Awards Applications.”
- You will be prompted to select an aid year and period, which should default to the year you are applying for. Click continue.
- Next, you will be prompted to select an application. The entrance bursary application should be the only application you have in your selection list. Click continue.
- The next page will ask you to confirm starting the application. Click continue.
- You can now begin the process of filling out the entrance bursary application. Follow the steps online and ensure each step is marked “complete.”
Full-time undergraduate students entering year 2, year 3, or year 4 in a program at Laurier Brantford who demonstrates significant community involvement (minimum 12 hours per month), minimum GPA of 7.0 (B-), and must be a graduate of a City of Brantford or County of Brant high school.
The application form must be accompanied by a letter of reference from the volunteer employer(s) confirming the number of hours donated by the applicant, per month.