Each year Chulalongkorn University and the Thai Studies Center offer scholarships for pursuing masters and a Ph.D. degree in Thai Studies.
These are available for the students of Cambodia, Lao PDR, and Vietnam. These can be availed for up to two years for master’s degree program and up to three years for doctoral degree programs.
A fine chance to get a Masters and Ph.D. degree with free tuition fee award in Thailand.
User Review( votes)
Chulalongkorn University is a comprehensive and research-intensive university. CU is composed of nineteen faculties, a School of Agriculture, three colleges, ten institutes, and two other schools.
Why at Chulalongkorn University? The university is continuously improving its curriculum and educational system. CU provides students with the best education that can be adapted to benefit society and the country.
University or Organization: Chulalongkorn University and the Thai Studies Center
Course Level: Masters and Ph.D. degree
Award: Tuition and Fees
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: NA
Nationality: Students of Cambodia, Lao PDR, and Vietnam
The program can be taken in Thailand
Application Deadline: Closed
- Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s Degree and Master’s Degree
- Applicants must have a grade point average for the last semester before applying of not lower than 2.75 for undergraduates, and not lower than 3.25 for postgraduates.
- Applicants must have a good command of English: A minimum TOEFL score of 550 or 213 Computer-based or IELTS score of 6.0.
- Applicant must be a government official or hold a position in a governmental or non-governmental agency beneficial to his/her country.
- Applicants must return to teach/work in their home counties after graduation
- Applicants must not exceed 35 years of age.
- Applicants must be in good health.
- Students from Myanmar, Laos, Cambodia, and Vietnam can apply for the scholarships.
How to Apply: Applicants must send the completed application form and relevant documents directly to the Thai Studies Center by post.
Benefit: The scholarships will cover tuition fees, travel expenses, stipend and accommodation up to the amount of 14,000 baht/month.
- Tuition and Fees
- Stipend and accommodation for the amount of 14,000 baht/month
- An economy-class round-trip ticket to and from the designated capital cities or principal cities (excluding domestic airfare in both neighboring countries and Thailand.) Traveling expenses incurred other than air tickets will be borne by recipients.