2013 Florida Universities offers PhD Fellowships in the field Arts, Sciences, Business, Engineering, Health Sciences, Nursing, Visual and Performing Arts in USA
Study Subject(s):Study subjects are arts, sciences, business, engineering, health sciences, nursing, visual and performing arts.
Course Level:this application is available for pursuing PhD degree level.
Scholarship Provider:Florida Education Fund
Award can be taken at:USA
User Review( votes)
– The Fellowship will be awarded only to persons who intend to seek the Ph.D. degree fulltime in one of the aforementioned eligible fields of study.
– In those doctoral programs which require entry at the master’s level prior to acceptance at the doctoral level, institutional verification will be required.
– All recipients of the McKnight Ph.D. Fellowship must agree to seek a professorial position at a four-year Florida university.
– If the student is offered a competitive faculty position at a Florida university, and does not accept the position, the student must repay the amount of the Fellowship received.
– If a Fellow does not receive a competitive offer for employment from a Florida university, without penalty, the Fellow may secure employment opportunities elsewhere.
Scholarship Open for International Students:African American or Hispanic, U.S. citizens can apply for this application .
Description:The McKnight Doctoral Fellowship Program is designed to address the under representation of African American and Hispanic faculty at colleges and universities in the State of Florida by increasing the pool of citizens qualified with Ph.D. degrees to teach at the college and university levels.
Number of awards offered:Up to 50 Fellowships are awarded annually to study at one of the nine participating Florida universities.
Duration of award(s):Each award provides annual tuition up to $5,000 for each of three academic years.
What does it cover?Each award provides annual tuition up to $5,000 for each of three academic years, plus an annual stipend of $12,000.
Selection criteria:Applicants must be African American or Hispanic, U.S. citizens, and hold a minimum of a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university. Since this program is intended to increase enrollment in PhD programs, currently enrolled doctoral students are not eligible to apply.
How to Apply:The mode of applying is online.
Application Deadline:Applications must be postmarked no later than January 15th of each year.