Applications are invited for Volvo Group Scholarships available for the citizens of the People’s Republic of China or the Republic of India. Up to four opportunities are awarded for two year masters programme.
Chalmers is a highly progressive university situated in Gothenburg, Sweden. From this beautiful and dynamic part of the world we have become known locally and globally for education, research and innovation with a wide range of applications.
User Review( votes)
Applicants must citizens from non-EU/EEA countries who are required to pay tuition fees for Swedish university education. The requirement is equivalent to (the Swedish upper secondary school) English course B/6. International students conventionally substantiate this knowledge by submitting acknowledged tests with a prescribed minimum test result.
- Application Deadline: January 15, 2019
- Course Level: The studentships are available for pursuing master degree programme.
- Study Subject: The studentships are awarded for the following programmes: Automotive Engineering, Computer Systems & Networks, Electric Power Engineering and Software Engineering.
- Covers 100% of the tuition fees (4 semesters/2 year programme)
- In addition, the Volvo Group intends to have close contact with the students during the two years of study. Support offered could include summer internships, Master’s thesis projects and mentorship.
- Number of Awards: Four financial aid positions will be awarded in 2019.
- Nationality: China and India
- The award can be taken in Sweden
- Eligible Countries: Students from China and India can apply for Volvo Group scholarships.
- Entrance Requirements:
- 1st year Master’s programme applicants to one or several of the above listed programmes
- Citizens of the People’s Republic of China or the Republic of Indiawho are required to pay tuition fees for Swedish university studies
- English Language Requirements: The following language tests and minimum scores are accepted by Chalmers as proof of English language proficiency:
- Cambridge CPE or CAE: Pass
- IELTS (academic training), 6.0 (with no part of the test below 5.0) TOEFL (paper-based): 550 (with minimum score 4 on written part)
- TOEFL (computer-based): 213
- TOEFL (Internet-based): 79 (with minimum score 17 on written part). The TOEFL (Institution) code is 9520.
How to Apply:
- Apply for a Master’s programme
applications will only be processed after the corresponding online application for Master’s programmes at universityadmissions.se has been completed, including having submitted all the required documentation verifying your eligibility and having paid the application fee. Only applicants fulfilling the eligibility requirements for the Master’s programmes applied for will be considered for a scholarship.
How to apply for a Master’s programme
- Rank your programmes
The ranking of the Master’s programmes that you applied for (no. 1 to 4) is crucial for the assessment of your application. To maximize your chances of being offered a scholarship from Chalmers you should select a Chalmers programme as your number one priority.
Ranking of Master’s programmes
- Read the requirements
Read the requirements for each of The grants thoroughly before submitting your application
Requirements for the opportunity s
The application is an online application, consisting of two steps. We encourage you to apply for programmes as soon as possible, since this will greatly expedite the assessment process. However, there is no correlation between how early an application is made and the likelihood of receiving a scholarship.
Note, you must first make an online application to one or several Master’s programmes at Chalmers at the website universityadmissions.se (see section 1-3 above). Each applicant is assigned an 8 digit application number (from your application for Master’s programmes at universityadmissions.se) and this number is required in order to complete the application (step 2 below).
Fill in and submit the request to obtain a personal link to your application form. The form will be distributed from November and onwards. It will take a few working days to receive your personal link (by e-mail).
You must make sure to use the same e-mail address as in your account at universityadmissions.se
Open the on-line request and submit it in order to obtain the personal link to your application form
Soon after you have submitted the request (step 1), you will be sent a personal link to the application form. Please note that it may take a few days until you receive the link. If you have not received it, please check your junk mail.
Make sure to have your application number at hand (you will find your application number at the application you submitted for Chalmers at your account at universityadmissions.se). This is of extreme importance, since your application is connected to your current application number on universityadmissions.se. The number will start with digit 1 and it is required in order to complete the application.
In this step you will also be prompted to submit a letter of (intent) motivation in your personal account at universityadmisisons.se. If you haven’t done it already, be sure to do so before 1st of February.
Please note that the electronic application form is used only for the opportunity
s awarded by Chalmers. You may apply for multiple grants provided that the eligibility requirements are fulfilled.
All submitted data must be verifiable against the documents submitted as part of your Master’s programme application at universityadmissions.se
Your application will not be considered unless you have paid the application fee and uploaded required documents on universityadmissions.se by 1 February 2019. An incomplete application will not be considered.