Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and partner organizations offer Chevening scholarships for master degree programs. International applicants are eligible to apply.
Chevening offers a unique opportunity for future leaders, influencers, and decision-makers from all over the world to develop professionally and academically, network extensively, experience UK culture, and build lasting positive relationships with the UK.
Excellent opportunity for international students to study with the fully-funded master program in the UK.
User Review( votes)
Chevening is the UK government’s international awards scheme aimed at developing global leaders since 1983. Funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and partner organizations. offers two types of award – Chevening Scholarships and Chevening Fellowships – the recipients of which are personally selected by British Embassies and High Commissions throughout the world.
Applicants must have an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry to a postgraduate program at a UK university. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honors degree in the UK.
University or Organization: Chevening
Course Level: Postgraduate level normally a one-year Master’s degree
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: NA
Nationality: Students from Chevening countries
The program can be taken in the UK
Application Deadline: 5 November 2019
- Eligible Countries: Students from Chevening countries can apply for these endowments.List of Countries: Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Anguilla, Antigua & Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belize, Bennin, Bermuda, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Brunei Darussalam, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Canada, Cape Verde, Cayman Islands, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, China, Colombia, Comoros, Congo, Congo the Democratic Republic of the, Cook Island, Costa Rica, Cuba, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Ethiopia, Falkland Islands, Fiji, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hong Kong, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Korea, Korea Republic of, Kyrgyzstan, , Kosovo, Laos, Lebanon, Lesotho, Libya, Liberia, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Maldives, Malaysia, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montserrat, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Burma Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Nigeria, Palestinian Territories, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Pitcairn Island, Republic of Congo, Russia, Rwanda, Saint Helena, Samoa, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Korea, Southern Sudan, Sri Lanka, St Helena, Sriname, St Kitts & Nevis, St Lucia, St Lucia, St Vincent & Grenadines, Sudan, Swaziland, Syria, South Caucasus, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Trinidad & Tobago, Tonga, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Turks and Caicos, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, UK, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
- To be eligible for a Chevening Award you must:
- Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country
- Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your award has ended
- Have an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry onto a postgraduate program at a UK university. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honors degree in the UK.
- Have at least two years’ work experience (this may be up to five years for fellowship programs, so please refer to your country page for further details)
- Apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by 11 July 2019
- Meet the Chevening English language requirement by 11 July 2019
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The mode of applying is online.
- Language Requirements: Applicants are free to take tests more than once in order to meet the Chevening English language requirement. Please note that Chevening does not pay for costs associated with English language testing. You are responsible for booking and paying for costs associated with these tests.
Chevening accepts English language tests from five providers:
- Academic IELTS
- Pearson PTE Academic
- TOEFL iBT
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CEA)
- Trinity ISE II (B2)