The Getty Foundation is offering the Getty GRI-NEH Pre and Postdoctoral Fellowships for the talented students in the USA.
Getty Predoctoral and Postdoctoral Fellowships are intended for emerging scholars to complete work on projects related to the Getty Research Institute’s annual research theme.
A fine fellowship for applicants.
User Review( votes)
- Study Subject (s): Fellowships are awarded to complete work on projects related to the Getty Research Institute’s annual theme.
- Course Level: These Pre and Postdoctoral Fellowships are awarded for emerging scholars to pursue research to complete their dissertations or to expand them for publication at the Getty Research Institute.
- Scholarship Provider: These fellowships are funded by the National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH) and are part of the Getty’s annual scholar and fellow program.
- Scholarship can be taken at the USA
- Applications for Getty Pre- and Postdoctoral fellowships are welcome from scholars of all nationalities.
- Current Getty staff and members of their immediate family are not eligible for Pre- and Postdoctoral fellowships.
- Getty Predoctoral Fellowship applicants must have advanced to candidacy by the application deadline and should expect to complete their dissertations during the fellowship period. Successful Predoctoral Fellowship applicants who are awarded their degree after the application deadline but before the fellowship begins, or who receive their doctorate while in residence, automatically become Postdoctoral Fellows.
- Postdoctoral Fellowship applicants who received their degree before September 1, 2015, should apply for a Getty Scholar Grant.
Scholarship Open for International Students: The students of all nationalities can apply for this scholarship.
How to Apply
How to Apply: Applicants are required to complete and submit the Getty Pre- and Postdoctoral Fellowship/GRI-NEH Postdoctoral Fellowship online application, which includes completing a short information section and uploading a project proposal, doctoral dissertation plan or abstract, curriculum vitae, writing sample, selected bibliography and confirmation letter of academic status (candidacy or degree conferred)
The Getty Research Institute offers two residential Postdoctoral Fellowships, made possible through a grant from the National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH). These fellowships are funded by the NEH and are part of the Getty’s annual scholar and fellow program.
Application Deadline: Applications will open in summer 2020.