There is a great opportunity for the students of Israel, Russia, China, Canada, USA, and various EU countries. The summer language course scholarships are available for students enrolled in full-degree programs in institutions of higher education.
The Danish Ministry of Science, Innovation and Higher Education is the Danish ministry in charge of research, innovation, and education above high school/upper secondary school.
Worthy opportunity for aspirants
User Review( votes)
Students can apply for a scholarship under the Cultural Agreements program to attend a Danish Summer Language Course.
Course Level: The summer language course scholarships are available for students enrolled in full-degree programs in institutions of higher education.
Study Subject(s): Scholarships are awarded to attend a Danish Summer Language Course.
Scholarship Award: Students do not have to pay tuition for the course, the scholarship covers the tuition fee. Depending on the course the students will attend, the students will either have to pay for accommodation and meals themselves, or it will be provided by the course organizer:
If accommodation and/or meals are provided by the course organizer, it will be deducted from the DKK 5000 scholarship.
If accommodation and meals are not provided for by the course organizer, the students receive the DKK 5000 scholarship upon arrival to cover their accommodation and meals.
Please note that students must cover all travel expenses and other personal expenses (shopping, gifts, souvenirs, etc.) by themselves.
Number of Scholarships: There are 225 scholarships available for the Danish Summer Language Courses in 2019.
Scholarship can be taken in Denmark
- The summer language courses in Danish are open to bachelor, masters and Ph.D. students.
- The summer language course scholarships are available for students enrolled in full-degree programs in the following countries and/or institutions:
- Group 1: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovak Republic, Spain, Switzerland, The Netherlands and Turkey, and the United Kingdom.
Japan (4 scholarships for participation in Danish Language Summer Courses of 3 weeks’ duration.)
- Group 2: Israel (3 scholarships for participation in Danish Summer Language courses of 3 weeks’ duration. One of these scholarships is reserved for a teacher from Danmarksskolen in Israel).
-Russia (6 scholarships for participation in Danish Summer Language Courses of 3 weeks’ duration.)
-The following institutions in China (exclusively): Beijing Foreign Studies University, The Danish Department, The Institute of European Language and Culture, Beijing, P.R. China
- Group 3: Selected institutions in Canada, China, and the USA:
The University of British Columbia, Department of Central, Eastern and Northern European Studies, Vancouver
Beijing Foreign Studies University, The Danish Department, Beijing
Fudan University, College of Foreign Languages and Literatures, Shanghai
The Institute of European Language and Culture, Beijing
Sino-Danish Centre for Education and Research (SDC), Beijing
Portland State University, Dept. of Foreign language and Literature, Portland, OR
The University of California, Department of Scandinavian Studies, Berkeley, CA
The University of California, The Scandinavian Section, Los Angeles, CA
The University of Colorado, Boulder, Department of Germanic and Slavic Languages and Literatures, Boulder, CO
University of Texas at Austin, Department of Germanic Studies, Austin, TX
University of Washington, Scandinavian Department, Seattle, WA
University of Wisconsin, Department. of Scandinavian Studies, Madison, WI
Nationality: Students of Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovak Republic, Spain, Switzerland, The Netherlands, Turkey and United Kingdom Japan, Israel, Russia, Canada and USA can apply for these Danish Summer Language scholarships.
How to Apply: Applicants from Group 1 and 3 should apply directly to the course organizer. Please be aware of the following before applying:
- Important! Students can apply to one course only. You will, however, be able to select a second choice, in case you cannot be placed in the course that you have picked as your first choice. Students who apply several places will not be able to select the course themselves but will be placed by the Agency to the best of its judgment.
- Students will not be awarded ECTS-points for attending a summer language course. These language courses are not ECTS awarding courses.
Course organizers reserve the right to consider the distribution of nationalities in the final selection of candidates for the summer language courses. Previous experience has shown that over-representation of any nationality on the individual course is not desirable.
- They recommend that accepted applicants, who will need a visa, contact the Danish diplomatic representation in their home country well in advance of their entry into Denmark. If you need a visa for your study period in Denmark
Application Deadline: March 2, 2019