Applications are invited for 2019/2020 DAAD scholarship for UNILEAD program sponsored by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) and the Carl von Ossietzky University of Oldenburg in Germany.
The course covers topics with relevance to Higher Education Management in the following three areas: 1st module: Project Management, 2nd module: Management of Financial Resources, 3rd module: Management of Human Resources.
Nice opportunity for international students to get an education in Germany.
User Review( votes)
This is a Higher Education Management Training Course open for international students. The funds are available to cover travel costs, course costs, and accommodation cost. Partial allowance is provided to cover subsistence costs.
University or Organization: DAAD
Course Level: UNILEAD program
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: NA
Nationality: International Students
The program can be taken in Germany
Application Deadline: October 14, 2019
Participants are young university leaders aged between 30 and 40 years and hold at least a Master’s degree.
They have been holding a university management position with managerial and personnel responsibilities for at least two years in one of the following fields:
- Managers of central university departments (Planning, Evaluation, Financing, Human Resources, Continuing Education, International Offices, Technology Transfer, etc.).
- Taskforce managers for university reform projects.
- Managers of staff development units or programs.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To participate, the applicants need to submit an online application.
- Supporting Documents: Attached should submit the Letter of motivation, Letter of recommendation from, Proof of excellent English proficiency, The following four questions need to be answered (pdf-file):
1) What is the reason for you applying for the UNILEAD program and which role do you think the UNILEAD program will play for your professional career?
2) Please outline a concrete project with relation to the topics of the course which you are currently implementing or planning to implement at your university!
3) What kind of actual challenges, obstacles or problems are or will you (presumably) be faced with regarding the implementation of your project?
4) In which way do you think that your participation in the UNILEAD program could help you to implement this project and to overcome existing or foreseen challenges, obstacles or problems?
- Language Requirments: All international applicants for whom English is not the native tongue must provide proof of competence in the English language.
- The costs for this training course will be mainly covered by funds of the DAAD provided by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). During the visit, the participants will be guests of the University of Oldenburg. Following expenses will be covered:
- Travel costs: Flight to and from Germany and ground travel to and from Oldenburg. They kindly ask the participants to make their own travel arrangement – they will then be reimbursed in cash upon arrival in Oldenburg.
- Course costs: 5.500 €.
- Accommodation and joint meals at the two contact phases in Germany.
- Partial allowance for subsistence costs during the contact phases in Germany (according to DAAD regulations).
- Emergency health insurance during the contact phases.
Expected co-funding: Participants’ home institutions are expected to cover local transportation in their home countries, visa costs and possible additional per diems for the stay in Germany. Furthermore, they are expected to contribute to the costs by paying a one-time fee of 300,00 €.