Applications are now invited for Fulbright Malaysian Scholar Program. Awards are available for qualified Malaysian scholars to undertake 3-6 months of research/lecturing at the American universities during the academic year 2017/2018 (August through June).
Funded by the U.S. Government, the Fulbright Programme aims at achieving mutual understanding through the academic and cultural exchange.
Fulbright financial aid positions will be awarded to applicants who demonstrate academic excellence, leadership qualities, and a commitment to improving cross-cultural relations through international exchange.
For Minimum Institutional TOEFL score of 550 from AMIDEAST Egypt or any of the given ETS Authorized Distributors and/or ITP Testing Centers is required.
Course Level: award is available to undertake research/lecturing at the American universities.
Study Subject: These grants are typically research-focused; applicants who are prepared to add a lecturing component to their proposals are particularly encouraged to apply. Further, all grantees will be asked to develop strategies for sharing Malaysian culture with social, civic and other groups while in the United States.
Award: The Malaysian Scholar grant augments the privileges normally accorded by the home institution to its staff members on sabbatical or other leave. The program also solicits the cooperation of the U.S. host institutions which may invite grantees to conduct research / lecturing using their facilities. It will enhance the application and assist the selection process if candidates have already examined appropriate affiliation at a U.S. institution. Cost-sharing from candidates or the home institution is encouraged as this enables MACEE to offer a Fulbright grant to more candidates.
The award can be taken in the USA
Eligibility: Applicants must have the following qualifications:
- A Malaysian citizen.
- Doctoral degree or equivalent professional training or experience at the time of application.
- Minimum five years working experience in the related field.
- A faculty member in a university or a higher learning institution in Malaysia and eligible for sabbatical or other leaves.
- An excellent record of achievement as indicated by quality publications and professional activities.
- Proficiency in English appropriate to proposed lecturing or research project to be carried out in the United States;
- A detailed statement of proposed activity for research or lecturing at a U.S. institution. The proposed project should contribute to the development of knowledge in your field and must be effectively investigated within the period of the grant.
- Certification of good health.
- While not limited to specific fields, research proposals from candidates applying for this award related to MACEE’s 5 traditional themes:
American studies, Malaysian studies, Islamic studies, issues in contemporary society, economics and technology transfer and International Relations will be given preference. Research in other fields of study may also be considered. Although not precluded from applying in recent years the Commission has expressed increasingly less interest in supporting research in medical fields.
Nationality: This scholarship is open for Malaysian candidate.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have a doctoral degree or equivalent professional training or experience at the time of application.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement: For Minimum Institutional TOEFL score of 550 from AMIDEAST Egypt or any of the below ETS Authorized Distributors and/or ITP Testing Centers is required
How to Apply: In addition, please submit 4 sets of complete applications to MACEE by November 11, 2016, and it should consist of the following documents:
- Application forms;
ii. Recent passport-size photos
iii. 3 letters of reference using the required forms, including one from your immediate supervisor or Head of Department, Dean or Vice-Chancellor.
iv. Certified true copy of PhD certificate;
v. Curriculum vitae;
vi. Written statement from your institution stating the availability and length of your sabbatical leave and benefits entitled;
vii. A detailed statement of proposed activity.
Supplementary documents where applicable:
- Letters of invitation or appointment from United States institutions;
ii. The source of financial support for accompanying dependants.
Application Deadline: application deadline is November 11, 2016.