Kennedy Krieger Institute is providing the James A. Ferguson Fellowship for the academic session 2020-21.The overarching goal of the Ferguson RISE Fellowship is to promote diversity among future public health research leaders.
Kennedy Krieger Institute is an internationally recognized institution dedicated to improving the lives of individuals with disorders of the brain, spinal cord, and musculoskeletal system through Patient Care, Research and Professional Training, Special Education, Community Initiatives.
Beneficial offer to get an award for graduate study in the USA.
User Review( votes)
- Application Deadline: January 31, 2020
- Course Level: Fellowship is available to graduate students for the nine-week summer programme.
- Study Subject: The Dr James A. Ferguson Emerging Infectious Diseases Fellowship provides public health research and professional development in the area of infectious diseases and health disparities with a special focus on increasing knowledge and interest of public health careers among students from underrepresented populations.
- Nationality: US and International students
- Number of Awards: Not given
- The award can be taken in the USA
- Eligible Countries: US fellows are eligible to apply for this Ferguson Fellowship. Fellows who are members of underrepresented populations (as defined by the federal government) are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Entrance Requirements: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the opportunity :
- Fellows who are members of underrepresented populations (as defined by the federal government) are strongly encouraged to apply!
- In order to be considered for acceptance into this program, the applicant must:
- Be currently enrolled as a full-time student in a medical, dental, pharmacy, veterinary, or public health graduate program
- Have at least a 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Have the ability to commit to the length of the fellowship
- English Language Requirements: Applicants must meet the necessary language proficiency requirements of the host institution.
- How to Apply: For applications form information contact at [email protected]
- You have to provide required documents such as:
- Unofficial Undergraduate Transcript
- Unofficial Graduate Transcript
- Unofficial undergraduate transcript and graduate transcript includes your name
and the school name.
- Have the following items completed and saved in a word document so you can cut and paste into
the online application:
- The five (5) Short Answer Responses (maximum 250 words each response)
- A $4,700 stipend is provided for master-level graduate fellows and a $6,223 stipend is provided for pre-doctoral graduate fellows
- Housing and round-trip transportation costs are also available for out-of-state fellows
- Sponsorship to attend a national scientific meeting
- Sponsored membership in the American Public Health Association (APHA)