The US Department of State, Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA) is offering the Tibetan Scholarship Program (TSP) for the Indian and Nepalese students in the USA.
The Tibetan Scholarship Program (TSP), sponsored by ECA, is administered through a Cooperative Agreement with The Tibet Fund, in collaboration with the Central Tibetan Administration’s (CTA) Department of Education (DOE).
Helpful offer for students in the USA.
User Review( votes)
Eligible applicants must have completed at least four years of academic work, after Class XII including a Bachelor’s Degree, from a recognized university in India and Nepal. The CTA’s DOE and the TSP SSC in Nepal will finalize the list of applicants to take the General Written Test on Tibetan Culture and History (GWTT).
- Course Level: Scholarship is available for pursuing master’s degree program in the United States.
- Study Subject: Computer Science
- Environmental Studies
- International law
- Library Science and Information
- Public Health
- Intelligence Science
- International Relations
- Gender Studies
- Science Sociology
- Award: Varies
- Scholarship can be taken at the USA
- Applicants should be born on or after January 1, 1985. You are required to submit a copy of your
a birth certificate as proof of your age.
- Applicants must have completed at least four years of academic work after Class XII, including three
years bachelor’s degree from a recognized university.
- Competitive applicants should score a minimum score of 55% in their Bachelor’s Degree and 55% in
Master and Others.
- The TSP applicants in India will take the Institutional TOEFL test (ITP) on the same day after the
General Written Test in Tibetan (GWTT) in Delhi and Bangalore. The TOEFL ITP test aims to assess
the applicant’s English language ability before they sit for the final interview.
- Applicants must secure a minimum of 30 points out of 50 on the GWTT in order to move to the next level. The GWTT consists of multiple-choice questions and a section of translation.
- The ITP test locations and requirements will vary by country. The duration of the TOEFL ITP test is two
hours and will be paper-based. Competitive applicants should obtain an approximate score of 550 on
- The CTA DoE and The Tibet Fund expect to receive the ITP scores from the Educational Testing Service
(ETS) within 30 days.
Scholarship Open for International Students: Tibetan refugees residing in India and Nepal can apply for this scholarship.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants have to download the application form.
- Supporting Material: In addition to the application for the scholarship, the applicant must submit the following documents:
- Photo: Applicants must submit one (1) passport size photo.
- Resume and a Short Essay: The applicant must submit a copy of his/her resume and a short essay, no more than 500 – 700 words, explaining why they are applying for the Tibetan Scholarship Program (TSP) and what they hope to achieve from participating.
- Registration Certificate (RC) / Refugee Certificate (RC):
- TSP Applicants in India: Applicants must submit valid photocopies of his/her Registration Certificate (RC), and that of his/her parents and spouse (if married).
- TSP Applicants in Nepal: Applicants who reside in Nepal must have a Refugee Certificate (RC).
- Academic Certificates: Applicants must submit their Class XII Mark Sheet, college and university mark sheets and degree certificates.
- Attestation: All documents submitted for the TSP
- English Language Requirement: A minimum score of 85 out of 120 is required. The Institutional Code for ETS is 9892.
Application Deadline: March 12, 2020