The Mathematical Sciences department of the IBM Thomas J. Watson Research Center invites applications for its 2019–2020 Herman Goldstine Memorial Postdoctoral Fellowship for research in mathematical and computer sciences.
The fellowship provides scientists of outstanding ability an opportunity to advance their scholarship as resident department members at the Research Center.
Nice opportunity for candidates.
User Review( votes)
The department provides an atmosphere in which basic research is combined with work on practical applications. Close interaction with permanent department members is expected and encouraged, but fellows are free to pursue their own research interests.
- Study Subject(s): Statistics
- Operations Research
- Computer Science
- Course Level: Postdoctoral
- Scholarship Provider: IBM
- The award can be taken at the USA
Candidates must have received a PhD degree after September 2007 or should expect to receive one before the fellowship commences in the second half of 2012 (usually in September). The fellowship has a period of one year and may be extended another year by mutual agreement. The stipend is expected to be between $130,000 and $150,000, depending on the length of experience. An additional allowance for moving expenses will be provided.
How to Apply
How to Apply: An application should be submitted via academic jobs online.org. It should consist of:
- Full CV
- Abstract of your PhD dissertation
- A 2–3-page research statement describing your current and future research
- 3 or more letters of recommendation, including one from the thesis advisor
- Optionally, up to three recent papers
application Deadline: January 31, 2019