The University of Bologna is delighted to offer PhD Scholarship programmes for the a.y. 2018/2019 (cycle 34th). International (Non-EU) students are eligible to apply.
The University of Bologna, founded in 1088, was the first university and is the oldest in the world. It was the first place of study to use the term universities for the corporations of students and masters which came to define the institution, located in Bologna, Italy.
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
- Application Deadline: May 14, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue PhD programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in Electronics, Telecommunications and Information Technologies Engineering.
- Scholarship Award: The yearly gross amount of the scholarships is € 15.343,28, as defined by the Ministerial Decree n. 40 of the 25/01/2018. Social-security contributions are deducted monthly from the gross scholarship by the University on behalf of the PhD candidates. Scholarships are paid to PhD candidates on a monthly basis, in arrears (payment is completed not earlier than the 25th day of the month). The yearly gross amount of the scholarships awarded within the framework of the PhD Programme in “Data Science and Computation” and “Health and technology” is € 19.367 (gross amount including the taxes incurred by the receiver).
- Nationality: International (Non-EU) students are eligible to apply.
- Number of Scholarships: 19 positions, of which 11 with scholarship, 3 with research fellowship, 4 with apprenticeship contract and 1 reserved position.
- Scholarship can be taken in Italy
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: International (Non-EU) students are eligible to apply.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
Regardless of age and citizenship, applicants holding the following academic qualifications can apply for admission:
- Laurea specialistica or Laurea magistrale (second cycle master’s degrees);
- Laurea Vecchio Ordinamento (degree obtained under the previous Italian regulations);
- Degree granted by AFAM (Advanced Artistic and Musical Training) institutions;
- Second cycle degrees obtained abroad, recognised as equivalent to those covered by letters a), b) and c) of the present paragraph.
Undergraduate applicants may apply on condition to obtain the necessary academic qualification to be admitted to the PhD programme by 31/10/2018.
English Language Requirements: The admission to International Tourism and Leisure Industries undergraduate programme requires a good English proficiency which allows attending all the teaching activities.
The language requirement shall be certified within the first year, thus by 30th September 2019, or the student will not be allowed to sit any exam from the second year.
The following certificates (B2 level) and/or qualifications are valid to fulfill such requirements:
- FCE – First Certificate in English;
- BEC – Business English Certificate Vantage;
- BEC – Business English Certificate Higher;
- IELTS (Academic) min. score 5,5 out of 9;
- TOEFL min. score 80 out of 120 (internet based);
- CAE – Certificate in Advanced English;
- CPE – Certificate of Proficiency in English;
- passing an English exam at University level B2;
- provide IB (International Baccalaureate), qualification of High School or of GCE (General Certificate of Education) in the English language (at least 50% of teaching activities shall be taught in English);
- English mother tongue, or any citizen with a family background where the English language is used fluently
How to Apply: To apply, the applicant must:
- Visit Studenti Online;
- Enter the data required for registration. After registration, for each applicant shall be provided of the [email protected] email account. Please, note that information concerning the admission procedure shall be exclusively sent to applicants using the above account;
- Select “Entrance exams or requirements check”. Then select “PhD programme”;
- Chose the PhD programme you are applying to;
- Fill the online application form, entering the required data;
- Upload the following documents (use pdf format, please):
- Scanned copy of a valid ID (with photo);
- Curriculum vitae;
- Documents attesting that the applicant holds both the necessary first and second level degrees. Please, note that such documents must provide the following information:
- University that has awarded the degree,
- Type of the degree awarded, whether second level master degree/single cycle’ second-level degrees/pre-reform degree;
iii. Denomination of the degree awarded;
- “Classe di laurea” (only for degrees awarded in Italy);
- Date in which the degree has been awarded;
- Final mark;
vii. Academic transcript of records, including the full list of the exams taken and the related marks.
- Upload additional documents, where requested (please, see the PhD Programme Table);
- Having completed the application on Studenti Online, the status of the application shall be “Application completed”;
- Select “SUBMIT”. Please, note that not submitted applications will be rejected.