There are a range of ISH scholarships available in partnership with a number of different London institutions. This is a two-year residential program for postgraduate students.
International Holders House provides Residential grants which provide free accommodation at ISH for up to a year and in exceptional circumstances up to three years.
Admirable funding for Developing Countries students.
User Review( votes)
International Candidates House, London is a residence for 700 British and overseas pupils, interns and trainees whilst staying in London.
- Pupils should be from a developing or emerging country and intend to return on completion of their studies.
- These are awarded for accommodation during the applicant’s study period in London.
- Preference will be given to postgraduate holders.
- Preference will be given to pupils that are studying a course that will provide skills to assist in the development of their home country.
- Learners must have a good proven academic record, with every prospect of success in their study and future careers.
- Learners must study at a publicly funded tertiary level educational institution in London.
- Candidates must study in one of their member institutions. Please contact the university to check that they will be taking up membership for the academic year for which applicants are applying.
- Preference will be given to pupils who would otherwise be unable to study/finish their study for financial reasons.
- Except in exceptional circumstances, awards will be for one year only.
- Holders must have a tuition prize in place from their place of study, their Government or a recognized organization.
- Candidates in developing countries can apply for residential awards.
List of Countries: Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, American Samoa, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, China, Colombia, Comoros, Congo, Dem. Rep, Congo Rep, Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Cuba, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, Arab Rep., El Salvador, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Iran, Islamic Rep., Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Korea, Dem Rep., Kosovo, Kyrgyz Republic, Lao PDR, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Lithuania, Macedonia, FYR, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Fed. Sts., Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Romania, Russian Federation, Rwanda, Samoa, São Tomé and Principe, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the, Grenadines, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syrian Arab Republic, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tonga, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, RB, Vietnam, West Bank and Gaza, Yemen, Rep., Zambia and Zimbabwe
- How to Apply: In 2017/18, all applications must be made through institutional partners (usually London-based universities).
- Supporting Documents: No requirement for supporting documentation to apply for these programs.
- Admission Requirements: To apply for the program applicants must have a bachelor’s degree.
- Language Requirement: If English is not a student’s first language they will need to meet the university’s English language requirements for postgraduate courses.
ISH provides a range of Residential awards which provide free accommodation at ISH for up to a year and in exceptional circumstances up to three years.
Application Deadline: Closed