6 PhD/Postdoc positions at Optimization in Engineering Center (OPTEC), K.U. Leuven, BelgiumThe Optimization in Engineering Center OPTEC at K.U. Leuven (Belgium) invites highly motivated young interdisciplinary researchers with a solid background in numerical mathematics and computer science to apply for one of the following six PhD/Postdoc positions (described in detail on http://homes.esat.kuleuven.be/~optec/jobs.php):
1) Optimal Control Methods for Application at a Central Receiver Solar Thermal Power Plant (PhD or Post-doc Position)
User Review( votes)
2) Nonlinear Moving Horizon Estimation for Fault Detection (PhD or Post-doc Position, 3 years)
3) Convex Dynamic Programming for Applications in Robust Model Predictive Control and State Estimation (PhD or Post-doc Position, 4 years)
4) Optimization Methods for Distributed Model Predictive Control (PhD or Post-Doc Position)
5) Optimization Based Control Design for Large-Scale Systems (PhD Position)
6) Optimal Motion Control for Machine Tools (PhD or Post-doc Position)
Besides a competitive salary we offer a stimulating research environment within our young but growing “Center of Excellence on Optimization in Engineering”, OPTEC. OPTEC is well connected internationally with several high ranking international visitors every month, and encompasses groups from four different departments of K.U. Leuven [Electrical Engineering (ESAT-SCD), Mechanical Engineering (MECH-PMA), Chemical Engineering (CHEM-BioTec) and Computer Science (CS-NATW)]. OPTEC combines altogether 20 professors, 12 postdocs, and more than 50 PhD students that jointly work on bringing state-of-the-art optimization methods together with real-world engineering applications. For more information, see http://homes.esat.kuleuven.be/~optec/
The beautiful university town Leuven with its well reputed old university is located in the heart of Europe, 14 minutes from Brussels Airport and 30 minutes from downtown Brussels.
Electronic applications (by holders of at least a masters degree) including a CV, certificates with high school and university marks in mathematics, physics and computer science, a list of publications, names of two possible references, and a brief description of your research interests are most welcome. Please send them until June 15, 2008 to <jobs-at-optec(_at_)esat.kuleuven.be>.