The Academy of Art University is pleased to offer the AAU Fashion Merchandising Scholarship. This scholarship is open to U.S. citizens who are majoring in fashion merchandising, fashion forecasting, fashion writing, publicity, etc. Scholarship amount and number of awards vary each year. This award is given to students who demonstrate exceptional creative talent and academic achievement. The deadline to apply is 1st February 2023.
Application Deadline: 1st February 2023
User Review( votes)
- Organization: The Academy of Art University
- Department: CCSF Fashion Department
- Course level: Several
- Award amount: Education Fund
- Number of awards: Several
- Eligible countries: United States
- Eligible courses: Fashion Merchandising, Fashion Forecasting, Fashion Writing, Publicity, etc.
- Eligibility: U.S. Citizens can apply.
The Academy of Art University (AAU) has sponsored the annual CCSF spring fashion show for the past thirteen years by graciously donating two-year scholarships to our senior collection design winners. AAU has generously sponsored scholarships for our merchandising students in recent years. For 2022, our final fashion show, AAU, has confirmed its continued support of the scholarships. This year, in addition to the three senior designer scholarships, one fashion merchandising student will be awarded a scholarship by AAU. The scholarship will be awarded in May 2023.
The Fashion Department will publish the AAU Fashion Merchandising Scholarship criteria to the
students at the beginning of the fall ’22 semester using the CCSF Fashion Department website
and in the orientation module on Canvas fashion courses.
There will be three pre-qualifying milestones. The first milestone requires that students be enrolled at CCSF, be a member of the CCSF LinkedIn Group, and have satisfactorily passed the required courses by the end of the semester in May 2023. Students will need to provide(unofficial) transcripts for the following courses by February 1, 2023:
•FASH 22 Fashion History (spring only) or Fashion 57 Fabric Glossary (spring/fall)
• FASH 42 Introduction to Fashion Industry (spring/fall)
• FASH 48 Fashion Show Production (spring only)
• FASH 49 Visual Merchandising (fall only)
• FASH 53 Fashion Forecasting (spring/fall)
• FASH 54A Fashion Styling (spring/fall)
• FASH 56 Fashion Writing and Publicity (spring only)
• FASH 138 Fashion Career Essentials (spring/fall)
The second milestone, also due on February 1, 2023, will require the students to:
- Submit a letter of intent explaining why they should be considered for the AAU
scholarship and highlighting any notable achievements while attending CCSF, including
volunteer work and internships
- Submit a personal mission statement that summarizes their educational and career
The third milestone requires that the student receives a passing midterm grade for fashion
merchandising courses that they are enrolled in during the spring ’23 semester, with the
- Each student is allowed to transfer or waive one class
- Students are not allowed to be enrolled in more than three of the eight
required courses in the spring semester
The candidates who successfully meet the three pre-qualifying milestones will continue to
compete for the AAU scholarship by creating a digital version of a custom portfolio and
presenting them to the jurying committee on Zoom at a date and time to be determined in May
2023. The Fashion Merchandising scholarship winner will be announced at the conclusion of
the spring semester in May with the Senior Collection scholarship winners.
How to Apply
`Applicants can apply through the online processor.