Indian National Academy of Engineering (INAE) and Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB), Department of Science and Technology (DST) announce the INAE-SERB, DST Abdul Kalam Technology Innovation National Fellowship. Indian nationals are eligible to apply for this fellowship programme.
Indian National Academy of Engineering (INAE) will award Abdul Kalam Technology Innovation National Fellowships to outstanding engineers to recognize, encourage and support translational research by individuals to achieve excellence in engineering, innovation and technology development.
User Review( votes)
The Indian National Academy of Engineering (INAE) founded in 1987 comprises India’s most distinguished engineers, engineer-scientists and technologists covering the entire spectrum of engineering disciplines, and functions as an apex body to promote and advance the practice of engineering and technology and the related sciences and disciplines in India and their application to problems of national importance.
Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue research.
Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded in all areas of engineering, innovation, and technology will be covered by this fellowship.
- The fellowship amount is Rs. 25,000 per month in addition to regular income.
- The research grant is Rs.15.00 lakh per annum, which can be utilized for engineering research and innovation activity including the hiring of manpower, consumables, national and international travel for research purposes, chemicals, equipment, etc.
- An Overhead of Rs.1.00 lakh per annum will be provided to the host institute.
- The fellow is eligible for regular research grants through the extramural and other research schemes of various S&T agencies of the Government of India.
- The fellowship is taxable as per IT rule of Government of India.
Number of Awards: A Maximum of 10 Fellowships will be awarded per year.
The award can be taken in India
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the opportunity :
- The scheme is applicable to Indian nationals working in India in various capacities of the engineering profession in public funded institutions.
- The applicant should possess adequate professional qualification and hold at least a bachelor’s degree
- This applicant should have a minimum of five (5) years of service left in the parent organizations on the date of the award.
- The applicant should not be holding any other fellowship and in the event of selection, he/she will have to opt for only one of the fellowships.
Nationality: Indian nationals are eligible to apply for this fellowship programme.
How to Apply: The nominations can be sent by the Heads of the Institutions/ organizations, Presidents/ fellows of National science/ engineering academies, SS Bhatnagar Awardees and JC Bose awardees.
Application Deadline: Nominations are invited for the Fellowship throughout the year.