AFDA, The School of Motion Picture Medium and Live Performance (South Africa), one of Africa’s most prestigious institutions in the creative arts, is proud to announce AFDA ABE Africa Arts scholarship
Applications are now open for prospective undergraduate and postgraduate students from sub-Sahara Africa who wishes to pursue a career in Film, Television or Live Performance.
Admirable scholarships for Undergraduate and Postgraduate Students.
User Review( votes)
AFDA, is a film, television, performance, business innovation, and computer technology school. It has campuses located in Auckland Park, Johannesburg; Observatory, Cape Town; Durban North, Durban; Newton Park, Port Elizabeth, and Gaborone Botswana.
Application Deadline: Closed
- Applicant must be a citizen and currently reside in one the following target group countries: Kenya, Tanzania, Cote D’Ivoire and Nigeria.
- Scholarships are tenable in Bachelor of Art in Motion Picture Medium or Live Performance.
- Applicant must be a citizen and currently reside in one the following target group countries: Kenya, Tanzania, Cote D’Ivoire and Nigeria
- Discipline excellence: In order to be eligible for RPL or postgraduate studies, consideration will be given to previous tertiary/ post-school education and discipline relevant experience. Undergraduate applicants will be assessed on final school year results and any further discipline or industry relevant experience to motivate excellence.
- Commitment & leadership potential: Candidates must demonstrate leadership skills and future commitment as ambassador to AFDA.
How to Apply
- How to apply: To participate, the applicants need to submit an online application.
- Supporting Documents: To apply, students must be ready to submit the copy of AFDA Provisional Acceptance letter, 2 Page Motivation Letter (no longer than 2 pages in A 4 Font Arial 10 or 12).
- Admission Requirements: To apply for the program candidates must have final secondary school result, tertiary education and/ or prior industry-relevant experience and meet the minimum requirements and have been accepted to AFDA for the 2017 academic year.
- Language Requirement: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
The value of the award is part or full value of 1 year or 3 consecutive years of the course’s tuition fees only from January 2017 – December 2019.