The Western Sydney University offering Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Achievement Scholarship commencing in 2019 for Undergraduate students. This scholarship is available for Australian Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander students.
The aim of the scholarship is to encourage academically gifted Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students who are either commencing or continuing their tertiary education at the University.
The Western Sydney University has been named one of the world’s top 400 universities in the prestigious Shanghai Ranking’s Academic Ranking of World Universities.
• Applications Deadline: January 01, 2019
• Course Level: Scholarship is available to pursue an undergraduate programme.
• Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
• Scholarship Award: Scholarship is valued at $5,000 per year (or part-time equivalent).
• Nationality: Scholarship is available for Australian Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander students.
• Number of Scholarships: Not specified
• Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Scholarship is available for Australian Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander students.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
• Be an identified Australian Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
• Be able to demonstrate financial or other hardship based on the Equity Criteria
• Be applying for an undergraduate degree at the University with an ATAR of 65 or above (or equivalent via the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Alternative Entry Program) OR
• Be currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree and have maintained a minimum GPA of 4 (pass average)
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: Application is required via the Universities Admissions Centre (UAC) (opens in new window).
Selection of this scholarship is based on a combination of academic performance and financial need to the maximum number of scholarships available.
Autumn 2019 applications for this scholarship are now open. To apply, please visit the UAC Equity Portal (opens in new window).
Applications close 1 January 2019.