The Association of Commonwealth University is offering Summer School Program for university students from the commonwealth. Bursaries cover full Summer School participation, including the academic programme, social events and site visits, accommodation, most meals, airport pick-ups, and a return economy flight from your home country.
Since it was established in 1959, around 34,000 individuals have benefited – 26,000 of them have held awards funded by the UK government, managed by the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission in the United Kingdom (CSC). The CSC’s Secretariat is provided by the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU), which is responsible for all matters concerning selection, academic studies, and evaluation.
User Review( votes)
- Application Deadline: January 14, 2018
- Course Level: This is a summer school programme.
- Study Subject: The theme: Designing and creating sustainable communities.
- Award: Bursaries cover full Summer School participation, including the academic programme, social events and site visits, accommodation, most meals, airport pick-ups, and a return economy flight from your home country.
- Students from ACU member institutions in Hong Kong are welcome to apply for bursaries; in this case, flights will not be included.
- Bursaries do not include the cost of visas and health insurance. Participants are responsible for making their own visa arrangements.
- Nationality: Students from all ACU member universities.
- Number of Awards: Numbers not given.
- The award can be taken in Hong Kong
Eligible Countries: Students from all ACU member universities are eligible to apply for bursaries.
List of Countries: Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, Botswana, Cameroon, Cayman Islands, Dominica, Falkland Islands, Fiji, Ghana, Gibraltar, Grenada, Guyana, India, Jamaica, Kenya, Kiribati, Lesotho, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mauritius, Montserrat, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru, Nigeria, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Rwanda, St Helena, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent and The Grenadines, Samoa, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Swaziland, Tanzania, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands, Tuvalu, Uganda, Vanuatu, Virgin Islands (British) and Zambia
Entrance Requirements: All ACU Summer School participants must, at the time of application, be studying at a university in a Commonwealth country. Students at ACU member universities in Hong Kong, the Maldives, and Zimbabwe can also apply.
At the time of application, all participants must either be studying for a postgraduate degree (Master’s/Ph.D.) or in the final year of an undergraduate degree.
Applications are welcomed from students of all subject backgrounds who can demonstrate an interest in the theme. Students who have attended the ACU Summer School in a previous year are not eligible to apply.
English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
How to Apply: As part of the application you will be asked to submit an academic reference and answer a series of questions about your knowledge of and interest in the subject, your reasons for wishing to participate and, if applying for a bursary, your plans for disseminating the knowledge gained at the Summer School and why you believe a bursary should be awarded to you.
You will need to create an account in order to access the application form. This means that you will be able to save the form when partially completed and go back to it.