Adelaide Scholarships International (ASI) are open to pursuing a higher degree by research (masters/ doctoral) at the University of Adelaide. International students can apply for these programs.
These are available for pursuing Higher Degree by Research (Masters/ Doctoral) at the University of Adelaide. These are awarded to study any of the courses offered by the University of Adelaide.
Golden chance to study at the University of Adelaide.
User Review( votes)
The University of Adelaide aims to create and engender a university culture that values health, safety and well being as fundamental components of the work environment, supported by safe systems of work, appropriate governance, training, management structures, and operational strategies.
The University of Adelaide is one of Australia’s most prestigious universities and is renowned internationally for excellence in education and research. The University is uniquely positioned to design and drive a prosperous, entrepreneurial future for South Australia built on knowledge, innovation, and collaboration.
University or Organization: The University of Adelaide
Course Level: Masters/ Doctoral
Award: Tuition fees
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: NA
Nationality: International students
The program can be taken in Australia
Application Deadline: 31 August 2019
- International students can apply for these endowments.
- In order to be eligible:
- Applicants are required to have successfully completed at least the equivalent of an Australian First Class Honours degree (this is a four-year degree with a major research project in the final year). All qualifying programs of study must be successfully completed.
- Awards will be awarded on academic merit and research potential. Extra-curricular achievements are not considered.
- International applicants must not hold a research qualification regarded by the University of Adelaide to be equivalent to an Australian Research Doctorate degree or, if undertaking a Research Masters degree, not hold a research qualification regarded by the University of Adelaide to be equivalent to or higher than an Australian Research Masters degree.
- International applicants who have not provided evidence of their meeting the minimum English language proficiency requirements for direct entry by the study closing date, or who have completed a Pre-Enrolment English Program to meet the entry requirements for the intended program of study, are not eligible.
- Citizens and Permanent Residents of Australia, and citizens of New Zealand are ineligible.
- Those undertaking research via remote candidature are ineligible.
- Candidates are required to enroll in the University of Adelaide as ‘international students’ and must maintain ‘international student’ status for the duration of their enrolment in the University.
- Candidates who have applied for Australian permanent resident status can apply for ASI educations.
- International applicants are not eligible if they have already commenced the degree for which they are seeking an award unless they can establish that they were unable to apply in the previous round.
- The study holders must commence study at the University of Adelaide in the semester the study is offered.
- Applicants who applied and were eligible for consideration in an international education around, and were unsuccessful, will automatically be reconsidered in the following international round, assuming they hold a valid offer of candidature for that intake. An applicant who has been considered in 2 rounds cannot be reconsidered in any future rounds.
- The offer of a study is contingent upon a holder not being offered another award by the Commonwealth of Australia, the University of Adelaide, or an overseas sponsor. The University reserves the right to withdraw an offer of a to study at any time prior to enrolment if it is advised that an awardee has been offered an equal to or in excess of the financial value of the award offered by the University.
Generally, applicants who succeed in winning an ASI study have completed a Masters degree including a significant research component and have several publications and relevant work and research experience.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: There is no application fee. Note. The University of Adelaide is unable to provide an assessment of eligibility for candidature and/or a free study until a formal application is submitted and assessed. They strongly recommend that all applicants submit their application and all required documents well before the closing date.
- Language Requirements: The university’s preferred accredited English language tests are: IELTS, TOEFL, Pearson Test of English – Academic and CAE (Cambridge English: Advanced). Pupils without the required level of English will need to satisfactorily complete an intensive program of English language before being admitted to the University of Adelaide. The university can arrange an appropriate English language program, Academic English (PEP Pathway) in Adelaide at the university’s English Language Centre.
The ASI provides:
- Fee Waiver: Provides a 100% Tuition Fee Waiver which covers the cost of tuition fees as a higher degree by research student of the University of Adelaide for up to 2 years for a Research Master degree, and up to 3 years (with a possible 6-month extension) for a Doctor of Philosophy.
- Stipend: Provides a living allowance of AUD$27,596 (2019 rate, indexed annually) per annum for up to 2 years for a Research Master degree, and up to 3 years (with a possible 6-month extension) for a Doctor of Philosophy. It is likely to be tax-exempt, subject to Taxation Office approval.
- Allowances: Provides financial support for an Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) Worldcare policy, plus relocation and publication expenses.