The Centre for Advanced Study Sofia (CAS Sofia) announces a Call for Applications for its 2019/2020 In-Residence Advanced Academia Fellowships for fundamental research in the fields of the humanities and the social sciences.
CAS Sofia is an independent Institute with an international and multidisciplinary profile. Located in Sofia, Bulgaria, it promotes high-level scholarship in the social sciences and the humanities. In addition to supporting focus-group research, CAS Sofia invites outstanding scholars to pursue their individual research projects during in-residence periods of up to five months.
User Review( votes)
The Centre for Advanced Study Sofia is an independent Bulgaria-based platform for fostering outstanding, highly interdisciplinary and international research in the Social Sciences and the Humanities.
Course Level: Fellowships are available for scholars to pursue their individual research projects during in-residence periods of up to five months.
Study Subject(s): Fellowships are awarded in the fields of humanities and social sciences.
Scholarship Award: The selected Fellows are entitled to:
- A monthly stipend of 700 euro* (liable to 10% income tax) to cover living expenses related to the stay in Sofia.
- Accommodation in Sofia, comprising living quarters and working space. The Fellows will also have free access to the CAS library and electronic resources/databases.
- Travel allowance (up to 400 euro)
- Research expenses (up to 500 Euro).
Scholarship can be taken in Bulgaria
Eligibility: Candidates must
- Be non-Bulgarian citizens;
- Have completed a Ph.D. in the fields of the humanities and the social sciences;
- International research experience (participation in projects and refereed conferences) and publications in peer-reviewed academic editions are strong advantages.
Nationality: Non-Bulgarian citizens are eligible to apply for this fellowship programme.
Application Procedure: A complete application consists of:
- a recent photo (can be separately attached or included in the application form)
- the electronic application form in English with all entries filled-in (please download from Advanced Academia Application Form).
- All data should be included in the Form with the exception of photos and relevant texts. Information provided outside the form will not be taken into consideration unless it is a separate document (photo, scanned text or additional document testifying knowledge of English or other circumstances.
- The file must be entitled Familyname_ApplicationForm_2019 (for example Smith_ApplicationForm_2019.doc). The file must be kept in Word format.
- for younger scholars (up to 8 years after Ph.D. defense and/or two research monographs) only: 2 letters of reference forms filled in by established scholars familiar with the applicant’s academic work; the references could be emailed to the programme coordinator at CAS directly by the referees using the attached form only (email: [email protected]; Fax: +359 2 980 36 62; address:7-B, Stefan Karadja Str., Sofia 1000 Bulgaria); if applicable, documents proving eligible career breaks
- a scanned Ph.D. certificate
How to Apply: To apply for the scholarship, the applicants must download the application form and submit with all application documents should be presented in English by e-mail to di[email protected] with a subject entry “Advanced Academia Fellowships.”
Scholarship Application Deadline: The application deadline is March 30, 2019