Monash University is offering Advanced Ph.D. and Research Fellowship Program. Fellowships are offered for full-time research at postgraduate level for study at one of Monash University’s Australian campuses.
International students are eligible to apply. Advanced Ph.D. program enables you to complete independent research under the guidance of leading academics across one of the school’s key research themes.
Monash University is an Australian public research university based in Melbourne, Australia. Founded in 1958, it is the second oldest university in the State of Victoria.
Why at Monash University? They are a youthful organization, enthusiastic, optimistic and accessible. They believe quality education and research can change the world for the better.
University or Organization: Monash University
Course Level: Postgraduate level
Award: Full-time stipend
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: NA
Nationality: International students
The program can be taken in Australia
Application Deadline: Closed
Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- The Monash Business School Advanced Ph.D. and Research Fellowship Program is offered for full-time research at postgraduate level for study at one of Monash University’s Australian campuses.
- Awardees must hold an Australian or New Zealand bachelor’s degree with first-class honors or qualifications and/or research experience deemed equivalent by the University and meet the required English proficiency requirements.
- Awardees must meet international student visa requirements as specified by the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC), including the requirement to purchase and maintain a standard Overseas Student Health Cover policy approved by the Commonwealth Government Department of Health and Ageing.
- Awards will not be available to those who, as a result of prior studies would be entitled to a maximum tenure of fewer than 12 months.
- Fellowships are offered for full-time research at postgraduate level for study at one of Monash University’s Australian campuses.
- Fellowships are awarded for undertaking study in a research area aligning to one of the Monash Business School research themes, which are currently: Health and Wellbeing, Sustainability and Development and Global Business.
- Awardees must be undertaking study in a research area aligning to one of the Monash Business School research themes, which are currently: Health and Wellbeing, Sustainability and Development and Global Business.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Expressions of interest for 2017 entry into the Advanced Ph.D. program are welcome and can be emailed to buseco-research.degrees-at-monash.edu.
- Supporting Documents: To submit an EOI the following is required such as Title, given the name and family name, Email address, Evidence that English language requirements have been met, Copy of all completed university-level academic transcripts, degree certificates and grading scales, Details of at least 2 referees, Curriculum Vitae (CV), Employment and research experience that directly demonstrates your ability to undertake research, Research proposal which includes: Rationale, Objectives, Themes/issues, Methodology, Potential contributions, Proposed timetable, References, Economics, Econometrics & Business Statistics – one page and Accounting, Banking & Finance, Business Law & Taxation, Health Economics, Management, Marketing – up to five pages.
- Admission Requirement: Applicants must hold an Australian or New Zealand bachelor’s degree.
- Language Requirement: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Benefit: Fellowships available to PhD students in the world. It is valued at more than $200,000 AUD (approx. $155,000 USD). Monash Business School has initiated this Fellowship to attract the very best research students in the world. The fellowship includes:
- An annual full-time stipend, currently valued at $30,000 p.a.
- Relocation allowance
- Health insurance
- The annual international student fee for each year that you are enrolled
- Post-doctoral employment for a one-year period (subject to the satisfactory completion of PhD study)