Association of Firearm and Tool Mark Examiners funded undergraduate financial aid in the field of forensic science. New Zealand, Australian and international students can apply for this application .
AFTE awards $2000.00 annually to students seeking a career in Forensic Science. Applications will be reviewed and recipients are chosen by the program committee prior to the annual AFTE training conference.
User Review( votes)
- Application Deadline: April 1, 2019
- Course Level: This scholarship is available for pursuing undergraduate degree level.
- Study Subject: The studentships are provided in the field of forensic science.
- Award: AFTE awards $2000.00 annually to students seeking a career in Forensic Science.
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- Nationality: New Zealand, Australian, and International students
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: New Zealand, Australian, and International students can apply for this application .
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants for programmes
must satisfy the following requirements:
- Applicants must be entering their third year or higher of a Bachelor’s degree or enrolled in any year of an advanced degree (MS, PhD, MD or comparable) program.
- The applicant must be enrolled as a half-time student or greater with the intent of seeking a career in Forensic Science and majoring in a natural, physical, or biological science.
- Minimum grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, or equivalent (76% or higher).
- English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
How to Apply:
- Please download and read the Application Instructions prior to submitting any application materials. Application Instructions
- All applications must be completed in English and received no later than April 1st. Download the application, transcript form, and recommendation forms by clicking the links below.
- The application Form is to be completed and electronically signed by the applicant, the signature verification box checked and emailed to the Scholarship Committee Chair. Application Form
- The Transcript form is to be completed by the Admissions Office or other appropriate college or university official. The applicant should provide a stamped pre-addressed envelope to those individuals completing this form. An official transcript and the completed Transcript Form must be mailed directly to the Chair. Emailed transcripts will not be accepted. Transcript Form
- The applicant must utilize the Letter of Recommendation forms in obtaining three (3) academic and/or employment references, as applicable. The applicant should complete (Part I) and email Parts I and II to the appropriate individuals and have those individuals complete Part II. The applicant should ask those individuals providing recommendations to email Part I and II to the Scholarship Committee Chair prior to the April 1st deadline. If the applicant or persons providing recommendations need additional pages, please ensure that these pages are emailed along with the completed Letter of Recommendation Forms, prior to the April 1st deadline. Letter of Recommendation Form
**If you or your recommenders are unable to follow the application submission instructions as listed above, you must contact the Chair of the Scholarship Committee to arrange for alternate submission methods PRIOR to submitting your application materials. Materials received via alternate methods without prior approval will not be considered.**