SOAS, University of London is inviting applications for the Ahmad Mustafa Abu-Hakima Bursary for UK/EU and Overseas applicants in the UK. The bursary is for students undertaking full-time postgraduate degrees involving the study of the modern history of the Arab world.
Golden opportunity for candidates.
User Review( votes)
- Application Deadline: Closed
- Course Level: Bursary is available for pursuing the MA programme.
- Study Subject: The bursary is for students undertaking full-time postgraduate degrees involving the study of the modern history of the Arab world. Eligible programmes are:
- MA History
- MA History and Intensive Language
- MA Historical Research Methods
- MA Historical Research Methods and Intensive Language (New admissions only)
- MA Near and Middle Eastern Studies
- MA Near and Middle Eastern Studies and Intensive Language (New admissions only)
- MSc Middle East Politics
- MA Gender Studies
- MA Media and the Middle East
- MA Israeli Studies
- MA Palestine Studies
- MA Palestine Studies and Intensive Language (New admissions only)
- History courses offered as majors or minors in these programmes which deal with the modern Arab World are:
- Modernity and the Transformation of the Middle East I and II offered by the Department of History;
- Israel, the Arab World and the Palestinians and Critical Perspectives on Palestine Studies I: History and Politics offered by the Faculty of Languages and Cultures
- Award: There is one Ahmad Mustafa Abu-Hakima Bursary, valued at £4,178 in total. The Ahmad Mustafa Abu-Hakima Bursary is intended to offset part of the cost of tuition fees or assists with living expenses. The award is for one year only.
- Number of Awards: There is one Ahmad Mustafa Abu-Hakima Bursary.
- Nationality: UK/EU and Overseas
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: Bursary is open to UK/EU and Overseas applicants.
- Entrance Requirements:
- Applicants must possess a good honours degree from a UK university or an equivalent institution recognised by SOAS.
- In order to be eligible for this application , you must have provided evidence in the program statement on how your full-time taught Masters programme involves the history of the modern Arab world. Applicants are strongly advised to identify relevant modules offered as majors or minors as part of their programme of choice. Failure to provide such evidence will disqualify the application.
- Applicants must have an offer of admission to pursue a full-time masters programme at SOAS by the application deadline.
- Applicants must meet the English language condition of their offer of admission to study at SOAS as soon as possible but no later than 1 June 2018. If your offer is conditional on English, please arrange your English test and ensure you meet the English requirements as soon as possible.
- Open to UK/EU and Overseas applicants
- English Language Requirements: The English Language requirement for all SOAS, University of London postgraduate programmes is 60% overall in the FDPS Academic English course or the standard IELTS requirements.
- UK Scholarships
How to Apply:
- You must follow two steps:
- STEP 1: Apply for your programme
- You must submit a COMPLETE on-line application for admission.
- Applicants must have an offer of admission to pursue a full-time masters programme at SOAS by the application deadline. A complete application for admission includes transcripts, an explanation of the grading system for any degrees obtained outside of the UK, two references, CV and a personal statement. The panel will be considering your application TOGETHER with your on-line application for admission. Please note that complete applications for admission can take up to 4 weeks to be considered by the Department, although this duration can vary depending on the time of the year. You should be prepared to wait up to 6 weeks in busy periods.
- It is recommended to apply for the programme about six weeks BEFORE the program deadline (that is, by 9 January 2018).
- STEP 2: Apply for the opportunity by 17:00 (UK local time) on 20 February 2018.
- You must apply for this application via the on-line application form which will open HERE on 23 January 2018.