Asian Institute of Technology is delighted to announce the AIT-BNU-Thai Pipe PhD Scholarship to doctoral students dreaming to pursue their studies abroad. The scholarship will be presented for the academic year 2023-2024.
The program is exclusively offered to international doctoral students from Myanmar, Laos PDR, Cambodia, Vietnam, and China. The applicants must have an undergraduate or graduate-level degree with a minimum GPA of 3.0 to be considered. They can apply for study in the School of Engineering & Technology or the School of Environment, Resources and Development at AIT. The scholarship will likely to awarded towards the educational costs incurred.
Nice offer to fund PhD study in Thailand.
User Review( votes)
The Asian Institute of Technology (AIT)is an international organization for higher education situated 40km north of Bangkok, Thailand founded in 1959. The institute ranks 201-220 in QS WUR Ranking By Subject 2022 and is to promote technological change and sustainable development in the Asia-Pacific region, through higher education, research, and outreach.
Why choose to study at the Asian Institute of Technology? The Asian Institute of Technology aims to be a respectable international graduate institution whose research and education contribute to the development of Asia. In the coming years, AIT will be more global, more innovative, more entrepreneurial, and more economically relevant–while leveraging on its social impact core strengths.
Application Deadline: The scholarship application will; close on 30th April, 2023.
- University or Organization: Asian Institute of Technology
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Doctoral
- Award: Tuition fee
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Thailand
- Eligible Countries: Students from Myanmar, Laos PDR, Cambodia, Vietnam and China can apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can apply for doctoral degree programmes offered at Water Engineering and Management (WEM), School of Engineering & Technology (SET) and Environmental Engineering and Management (EEM), School of Environment, Resources and Development (SERD) at Asian Institute of Technology.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must have at least 2 publications in SCOPUS-indexed journals.
- The applicants must belong to an eligible country.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The students must first apply for admission via the university portal. All eligible students will be considered automatically.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Cover letter
- Project proposal (4 pages maximum) on water, wastewater, and use of pipes
- Brief CV
- Certified copies of academic diplomas and certificates
- 2 Publications relevant to the water-related research
- Names and contact information of at least two referees
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have first-class (honours) Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees or equivalent (Master GPA above 3.50 out of 4.0) in civil engineering, water resources engineering, environmental engineering, or water-related applied sciences.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 6.0
The Asian Institute of Technology will award the selected candidates a scholarship to support their doctoral study.