The University of Hull is inviting applications for Alan Johnson Ph.D. Scholarship and will undertake research in the field of politics and government. This scholarship is available for full-time International students.
The University of Hull is a public research university in Kingston upon Hull, a city in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England. It was founded in 1927 as University College Hull. As England’s 14th-oldest university, we have a proud heritage of academic excellence and a history of creating and inspiring life-changing research. And we have no plans to stop helping to build a better world.
If your first language is not English, or you require a Tier 4 student visa to study, you will be required to provide evidence of your English language proficiency level.
- Applications Deadline: April 1, 2019
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to study Ph.D. programme.
- Study Subject: The successful candidate will undertake research in the field of politics and government, and benefit from access to the recently deposited personal papers of Alan Johnson.
- Scholarship Award: Full-time UK/EU Ph.D. Scholarships will include fees at the ‘home/EU’ student rate and maintenance (£14,777 in 2018/19) for three years, depending on satisfactory progress.
Full-time International Fee Ph.D. Studentships will include full fees at the International student rate for three years, dependent on satisfactory progress.
Ph.D. students at the University of Hull follow modules for research and transferable skills development and gain a Masters level Certificate, or Diploma, in Research Training, in addition to their research degree.
- Nationality: UK/EU and International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: UK/EU and International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
Applicants should have at least a 2.1 undergraduate degree in Politics or a related discipline, together with relevant research experience. It is anticipated that the successful applicant will have a 1st class undergraduate degree or Masters level qualification.
English Language Requirements: If your first language is not English, or you require a Tier 4 student visa to study, you will be required to provide evidence of your English language proficiency level.
How to Apply: If you are unable to apply online, you can download our application form. Don’t forget to include your email address and to post or email a scanned copy of your application to our postgraduate admissions team.