A great opportunity awaits! Expand your knowledge with the Amazon Research Awards (ARA) program. This edition of the proposal call reflects Amazon’s ongoing efforts to collaborate with researchers in various areas.
The offer encourages academic researchers around the world. ARA aims to fund projects leading toward a Ph.D. degree or conducted as post-doctoral work. Proposals chosen for funding will gain an award that may include cash, AWS Promotional Credit, or both.
User Review( votes)
ARA program funds awards in various research areas relevant to Amazon, such as applied machine learning, automated reasoning, computer vision, fairness in artificial intelligence, machine learning algorithms and theory, natural language processing, robotics, security, sustainability, and more.
Founded in 2015, Amazon Research Awards was merged with AWS Machine Learning Research Awards (MLRA) in 2020.
Application Deadline: October 19, 2022
- University or Organization: The Amazon Science website
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Cash and AWS Promotional Credits
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Varies
- Nationality: All nationalities
- The award can be taken in the USA
- Eligible Countries: The ARA Program is rescinded in Cuba, North Korea, Sudan, the region of Crimea, Iran, Syria, and where otherwise prohibited by law.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in any subject offered by the university
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Applicants are either full-time faculty members at an accredited academic institution or a permanent researcher at a non-governmental organization with identified legal status in their appropriate country [equivalent to 501(c)(3) status under the United States Internal Revenue Code]
- Candidates must be at or above the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence at the time of application. Each Principal Investigator can submit only one proposal to the ARA Program per call for the proposal phase.
- By presenting your proposal to the ARA Program, you represent that your Principal Investigator:
- An applicant is not a paid employee of a government entity (other than an accredited academic institution).
- The applicant is not under US export controls or sanctions.
- An applicant has not been an officer, director, intern, or contractor of Amazon, an employee, or its affiliates within the 12-month initial application to the ARA Program.
- An applicant is not a member of the immediate family or household of Ineligible Personnel;
- The candidate has not participated in or had decision-making authority over cloud infrastructure procurements involving AWS or its affiliates.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Prioritized application processing. Fill in the form and submit your proposal to start the application.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants need to submit a proposal.
- The proposal must be either your original work or an update to the original work.
- A proposal does not, to your knowledge, infringe any third-party patent rights.
- The proposal does not infringe, misappropriate, or otherwise violate any other third-party intellectual property rights (i.e., other than patent rights), including any copyrights, trademarks, contract or licensing rights, trade secrets, rights of publicity or privacy, or moral rights.
- Additional Requirements: Amazon employees are not eligible to receive an award.
- Language Requirement: Applicants must be experts in the English language.
Amazon‡s scientists and researchers are being acknowledged worldwide. The Amazon Research Awards (ARA) program offers grant winners unrestricted funds and AWS promotional credits.
Funded projects are assigned an Amazon research contact, and recipients also obtain training resources, with AWS tutorials and hands-on sessions with Amazon scientists and engineers.
A proposed cash budget is generally anticipated to support one to two graduate students or a post-doctoral researcher for one year, plus some conference travel and equipment. The awards panel will set the final award amount.