The American University in Cairo is inviting applications for African Graduate Fellowships. The funding education is offered to nationals of African countries (not including Egyptians) for full-time study (nine credits or more) in any of the graduate programs offered at AUC.
AUC is a leading English-language, American-accredited institution of higher education and centre of the intellectual, social and cultural life of the Arab world. Its community of students, parents, faculty and staff, trustees, alumni and other generous sponsors represent more than 60 countries.
Great opportunity for Non-Egyptian African nationals to study in Egypt.
User Review( votes)
All new undergraduate students applying as degree and nondegree students must provide evidence of academic English proficiency with the admission application.
Application Deadline: February 1, 2020
Non-Egyptian African nationals can apply for these grants. List of Countries: Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Ivory Coast, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Republic of the Congo, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Western Sahara, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
- Non-Egyptian African nationals
- Open to all disciplines of graduate studies
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree with a minimum overall rating of very good, an overall grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, or the equivalent
- Satisfy AUC graduate admissions requirements, including submission of AUC graduate application, additional documents and any required test scores (GMAT for MBA applicants, GRE for economics, economics in international development, and GRE or GMAT for the finance program applicants)
- Submit an International TOEFL iBT exam score or an IELTS exam score meeting the cut-off scores for AUC graduate admissions.
- To retain the fellowship, the recipient must maintain a GPA of 3.2 or above.
- Applicants who satisfy one or more of the following criteria qualify for the exemption:
- Satisfactory scores on appropriate standardized tests including the SAT and College Board Advanced Placement tests. Students with a verbal SAT 1 score of 1000 on the English components, with a minimum score of 450 on each component, will be exempted from the English placement exam and placed into RHET 1010. Students who have taken Advanced Placement (AP) courses with grades 4 and above may be granted transfer credits.
- Successful completion of one or more non-remedial, university-level English courses
- Successful completion of English-medium secondary school course work and examinations that qualify for advanced placement, including the International Baccalaureate diploma program, the 13th year of Canadian education and the GCE A-Level Certificate in English.
How to Apply
Students must submit the online application. For an application to be processed, the following documents must be included:
- Application form filled out as per the instructions indicated at the end of the form.
- Personal statement (Form 2) of no less than 500 words. Applicants selecting two programs for admission consideration should include two separate statements.
- A CV that must include work experience and educational background, official transcript, two letters of recommendation, Medical reports
- Proof of financial resources to meet the costs of AUC
- For new graduate degree-seeking students; full admission to one of the graduate programs in AUC, satisfying AUC graduate full admissions requirements
- Submit an International TOEFL iBT exam score or academic IELTS exam score as per the cut-off scores for AUC graduate admissions
The fellowship covers:
- Tuition fees, for a maximum of nine credits per semester
- Monthly stipend
- Student services and activities fees
- Medical service and health insurance fees
- A monthly housing allowance for non-residents of Cairo or accommodation in University residences at AUC New Cairo Campus. For details and more information about teaching assistantships, click here