The Animal Genetics and Breeding Unit are presenting the International Scholarship opportunity for students who want to study at the University of New England in Australia.
High achieving Australian and International participants are invited to apply for a PhD degree program at the University of New England in the year 2019-2020.
Outstanding program for Australian and International students
User Review( votes)
The University of New England was the first Australian university which was found outside a state capital city. It was established in 1938 and known as a public university in Australia.
Why at the University of New England? The university has a global reputation for its teaching quality. It offers more than $5 million in scholarships, prizes, and bursaries and also provides more than $18 million for staff and students who are involved in the research.
- University or Organization: The University of New England
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD degree
- Award: $27,596 AUD per annum plus other benefits
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not known
- Nationality: International
- The program can be taken in Australia
- Application Deadline: September 13, 2019
- Language: English
- Eligible Countries: Australian and overseas participants are eligible.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Pursuing a PhD degree program in the following areas-
- Next-generation genomic evaluation
- Breeding for resilience and welfare traits
- Design of breeding programs for Australian native fish
- Evaluation of selection strategies in canola
- Breeding program design and definition of breeding objectives
- Implementing genomic selection in pig breeding programs
- Genomic prediction of disease traits such as footrot in sheep
- Analyses of industry selection lines in Merino sheep
- Admissible Criteria: An applicant must be interested in the above topics and be passionate about it.
- They must have the ability to work in a team environment are essential.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: For being worthy to this opportunity, the candidates have to take admission in a PhD degree program at the university. After that, they can submit their fund application form online by mail or by Fax-
Mail– Research Services Directorate
TC Lamble Administration Building
University of New England
Armidale NSW 2351 Australia
FAX- + 61 2 6773 3543
The students address selection criteria in a cover letter and prepare a project proposal (maximum of 450 words) for their topic area(s) of interest.
Information Regarding Admission
- Admission Requirements: An ideal participant should have a master’s degree in the field of quantitative genetics and statistical modeling, sound computing skills, experience in the use of computer packages for statistical analysis and an interest in agriculture.
- Language Requirement: The students should have sufficient oral and written English language proficiency.
For Australian candidates, the bursary will provide a tax-stipend of AU$27,569 per annum. For international students, it will provide a tax-free stipend of $27,596 per annum and will also cover the cost of tuition fees and single standard overseas health insurance for 3 years.