The Australia – APEC Women in Research Fellowships will provide financial support for high-achieving female researchers from developing APEC economies to pursue research opportunities in partnership with Australian education and research institutions.
This fellowship aims to encourage the mobility of post-doctorate female researchers from the APEC region.
User Review( votes)
RMIT University is an Australian public research university located in Melbourne, Victoria.
The candidate should have a very good command of English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
- Application Deadline: April 6, 2018
- Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue research opportunities in partnership with Australian education and research institutions.
- Study Subject: The Fellowship is designed for female researchers from developing APEC economies who are emerging leaders in their field and are at the forefront of their research discipline.
- Scholarship Award: All recipients will receive: Travel allowance: AU$3,000 for Asian economies and AU$4,500 for South American economies; Establishment allowance: AU$2,000; Monthly stipend: AU$3,000 and Monthly family allowance AU$1,200 if applicable.
- Number of Scholarships: Each year up to ten fellowships will be awarded to facilitate a research project of between one and four months. Within the pool of successful recipients, two fellowships will be offered to early career researchers with less than five years’ of professional research experience.
- Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Female citizen or permanent resident of one of the following eligible APEC economies: Chile, People’s Republic of China, Indonesia, Malaysia, Mexico, Papua New Guinea, Peru, the Philippines, Thailand or Vietnam are eligible to apply.
- Entrance Requirements: To be eligible to receive the fellowship, applicants must:
Be a female citizen or permanent resident of one of the following eligible APEC economies: Chile, People’s Republic of China, Indonesia, Malaysia, Mexico, Papua New Guinea, Peru, the Philippines, Thailand or Viet Nam
Not be an Australian permanent resident
Have a PhD degree (conferred by 1 April 2018)
Be available to commence proposed program between 1 July 2018 and 31 December 2018
Provide all relevant supporting documentation in English
Obtain a nomination agreement with an Australian academic institution and/or organization
Not be undertaking research or training that leads to a formal qualification between 1 July 2018 and 31 December 2018
- English Language Requirements: The candidate should have a very good command of English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
Ensure you have included all of these documents.
- Completed ‘Application Form’
- Completed ‘Applicant Sponsor Form’
- A copy of citizenship or permanent residency
- Academic transcripts
- 2 x Referee reports
- Evidence of support and language suitability from host. This can be in the form of a letter signed by the host, supporting your language suitability.
- Research CV and list of publications
How to Apply:
Please send this application form and all supporting documents to Mr Kevin Nguyen at the Australian APEC Study Centre via email, fax or by post.