The Roentgen Fund funded funding for the scholar to study in the field of Diagnostic radiology, nuclear medicine, the basic sciences at USA
Study Subject(s): Diagnostic radiology, nuclear medicine, the basic sciences or professions fundamental to imaging techniques
Course Level: Training and research
Scholarship Provider: The Roentgen Fund
The award can be taken at: USA
1. Earned MD or DO from an accredited institution.
2. Completion of all required residency or fellowship training or equivalent.
3. A full-time faculty appointment as a lecturer, instructor, assistant professor or equivalent for no more than five years beyond completion of training. The appointment must be in a department of radiology, nuclear medicine, or an associated department in the radiological sciences of a medical school teaching hospital in the United States or Canada.
4. Certification by the American Board of Radiology or equivalent.
5. Letter of nomination by the department chair, including a commitment of a minimum of 80% of the nominee’s time to the program program for a one-year program, or minimum of 50% of the nominee’s time for a two-year program.
6. The candidate must be a member of the ARRS at the time the application is submitted and for the duration of the award.
User Review( votes)
Scholarship Open for International Students: No
Description: The American Roentgen Ray Society award is intended to support study in a field selected by the scholar that will enable the scholar to attain his or her professional career goal. Medical schools, affiliated hospitals and clinical research institutions with interests in training and research in diagnostic radiology, nuclear medicine, the basic sciences or professions fundamental to imaging techniques are invited to submit one nomination annually. The candidate must be a member of the ARRS the time the application is submitted.
How to Apply: Online
application Deadline: November 18, 2011