The University of Toronto is awarding the Postdoctoral fellowships at the Faculty of Arts and Science (FAS) in Canada. These scholarships are open to citizens of all country and from all universities.
The Arts & Science Postdoctoral Fellowships are designed to provide outstanding recent doctoral students advanced training in their field of study. These fellowships are not disciplined specific, but rather can be held in any department or research unit across the Faculty of Arts & Science at the University of Toronto.
Great opportunity for candidates.
User Review( votes)
Since the first classics, chemistry, philosophy and physics classes were taught at King’s College — U of T’s precursor — in 1843, the Faculty of Arts & Science has evolved into one of the most comprehensive and diverse academic divisions in North America and established itself as the heart of one of the world’s leading universities.
- Course Level: Fellowships are available for pursuing the postdoctoral programme.
- Study Subject: These fellowships are not disciplined specific, but rather can be held in any department or research unit across the Faculty of Arts & Science at the University of Toronto.
- Scholarship Award: These fellowships pay a stipend of $45,000 per year for a maximum of two years.
- Scholarship can be taken in Canada
- As these fellowships are designed for relatively recent graduates, applicants must have completed all requirements for their doctorate degree.
- Applicants cannot currently hold a tenure-track or continuing faculty position at a college or university.
- Applicants may be citizens of any country and from any university. Please note that successful international candidates must be able to meet all Canadian immigration requirements.
- Fellowships are only tenable within FAS at the University of Toronto. Proposed supervisor(s) must have a tenure-track or tenured appointment in FAS (i.e., fully appointed at the St. George campus) at the University of Toronto.
- Canadian citizens and Canadian permanent residents must have completed their PhD requirements no later than six months after their start-date of an Arts & Science Postdoctoral Fellowship. International applicants must have completed their PhD requirements before the start date of an Arts & Science Postdoctoral Fellowship.
Nationality: Citizens of any country can apply for these postdoctoral fellowships.
How to Apply
How to Apply:
- Submit CV and a completed Arts & Science Postdoctoral Fellowship application form to the office of the Vice-Dean Research & Infrastructure. The form includes a one-page research proposal where a student should describe their proposed research project and highlight the importance and impact of the research, and how this research fits into their academic goals. Please note that reference list or bibliography is not necessary for the proposal.
- Arrange for proposed supervisor(s) to send the Arts & Science Postdoctoral Supervisor form to the office of the Vice-Dean Research & Infrastructure. Note that only applicants that have a corresponding
Application Deadline: The application deadline is December 1, 2019