If you are interested to work in on joint initiatives to strengthen respect for human rights in the United States, you must participate in the Aryeh Neier Fellowship offered through the University of Denver for the academic year 2022-2023.
This fellowship is offered in partnership with Human Rights Watch and American Civil Liberties Union Foundation. The candidates will work in both organizations simultaneously. The candidates must hold a J.D, have the necessary skills, ability to practice law in the US, and more than one language proficiency to be considered eligible for the position. The selected fellow will receive a salary of $65,000 annually for the first year, which is subject to an increment in the second year.
User Review( votes)
Founded in 1864, The University of Denver is a private research university in Denver, Colorado. The university is the oldest independent private university in the Rocky Mountain Region of the United States ranked #751-800 in QS World University Rankings 2023.
Why choose to study at the University of Denver? The University of Denver will be a great private university dedicated to the public good. The university aims to promote learning by engaging with students in advancing scholarly inquiry, cultivating critical and creative thought, and generating knowledge.
Application Deadline: Applications will close on 10th October 2022.
- University or Organization: University of Denver
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Postgraduate
- Award: $65,000
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- The award can be taken in the USA.
- Eligible Countries: Home and overseas candidates can both apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Candidates can apply for the fellow position at the Human Rights Watch / American Civil Liberties Union Foundation via the University of Denver‡s fellowship program.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must have proficiency in the English language and one more language.
- The applicants must have exceptional analytical skills, and an ability to write and speak clearly and persuasively.
- The applicants must take and/or pass the bar exam before commencing the fellowship in September 2023.
- The applicants must possess the ability to practice law in the US during the second year of the fellowship.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The applicants can log in to the job portal of the university to apply for this position. All applicants will be considered.
- Supporting Documents: The applicants must prepare a CV/resume, letter of interest, and a brief writing sample (unedited by others).
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must hold a J.D. from a US law school or have a J.D.
- Language Requirement: The applicants must have proficiency in the English language. Students with proficiency in an additional language will be preferred for this position.
The fellow selected by the University of Denver will be provided a salary of $65,000 in the first year, with a salary increase in the second year.