Do you want to advance your research career in Australia? If so, the University of Melbourne is seeking for PhD students to apply for the Asia Institute PhD Scholarships Program.
The study program is accessible to deserving applicants from any country who wish to undertake a PhD degree coursework at the university for the academic year 2023/2024.
Asia Institute for Domestic & International Students in Australia
A valuable opportunity for domestic & international students.
User Review( votes)
The University of Melbourne is the second oldest research university based in Australia, which was founded in 1853. It has various programs that include public events, workshops, feeder programs, and connection to the entrepreneurs on-stage
Why study at the University of Melbourne? This university offers modern facilities, advanced curriculums, and specialist funds for research and development. There are better job opportunities for students after completing their studies.
Application Deadline: The applications for this grant will be accepted only through 31 January 2023.
- University: The University of Melbourne
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Up to $30,600
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 2
- Nationality: Any
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: Applications are accepted from around the world.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: PhD scholarship will be awarded in Historical, philosophical, political, and social studies; Language, literature, and cultural studies
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Have achieved a minimum weighted average of 80% in the final year subjects, or (University of Melbourne) equivalent, with a minimum result of 80% for the research component
- Have not already completed a research qualification at the same or higher level as the course for which a scholarship is sought
- Have applied for admission to a PhD degree but not be currently enrolled at the University of Melbourne on a topic taught at the Asia Institute
How to Apply
- How to Apply: In order to apply for the grant, applicants need to take a PhD degree program at the university. No application is required. PhD candidates will be automatically considered for these scholarships.
- Supporting Documents: CV, research proposal no more than 2,000 words, and Writing Sample and copy of diploma must be submitted.
- Admission Requirements: For admission, candidates must have a master’s degree from any recognized university.
- Language Requirement: Applicants must have to accomplish the English language requirements of the university.
The university will provide all the following expenses:
- A living allowance of approximately $30,600 per annum for full-time students (pro-rata for part-time students) is paid as a stipend. The living allowance may be indexed annually and includes limited paid sick, maternity, and parenting leave
- awarded for three years, with an option to apply for a six-month extension after three years
- relocation grant of $2000 for students moving from States or Territories other than Victoria or $3000 for students moving from outside Australia
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) Single Membership for international students who require a student visa to study in Australia
This really answered my problem, thank you!
I was just searching for this information for a while. After six hours of continuous Googleing, at last I got it in your web site. I wonder what is the lack of Google strategy that do not rank this kind of informative web sites in top of the list. Generally the top sites are full of garbage.