The Asian Civilisations Museum (ACM) is delighted to announce postdoctoral fellowships to study in Singapore. This scholarship is available for International students.
Overseas scholars will receive a one-time relocation allowance of S$3,000, which includes airfare allowance. The relocation allowance will be issued to the research fellow within the first week after the start of the fellowship.
The Asian Civilisations Museum is devoted to exploring the rich artistic heritage of Asia, especially the ancestral cultures of Singaporeans. Opened in 1997 and in its present building by the Singapore River since 2003, the museum traces its roots to the Raffles Museum, founded in the middle of the 19th century. ACM focuses on the many historical connections between the cultures of Asia, and between Asia and the world. Singapore’s history as a port city that brought people together from all over the world is used as a means of examining the history of Asia. Special exhibitions bring magnificent objects from around the world to our Singapore audience.
- Applications Deadline: December 15, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue Postdoctoral programme.
- Study Subject: The Asian Civilisations Museum (ACM) invites postdoctoral scholars to apply for fellowships in the following (Appendix A):Material Studies
2. Material Culture Studies
3. Museological Studies
5. Singapore Community Heritage
6. Peranakan / Mixed heritage Research
7. Cities/Urban Studies
8. Intangible Cultural Heritage
The ACM values multi-disciplinary work, cross-cultural studies, and research on ongoing projects at the museum. Research related to the collections of the ACM is preferred.
- Scholarship Award: The monthly stipend for overseas researchers is S$5,000. Overseas researchers are also offered a one-time grant of S$3,000 as a relocation allowance. Researchers who are based in Singapore will receive a monthly stipend of S$3,500. Research fellows will be taxed for all stipends received during the fellowship, including the relocation stipend.
- Nationality: This scholarship is available for International students.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not known
- Scholarship can be taken in Singapore
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: This scholarship is available for International students.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
Applicants should have a PhD, or if in the final stages of their dissertation, should have a PhD by the time they begin their fellowship if it is awarded to them. Applicants should have completed the bulk of their fieldwork on their proposed projects, and be able to write and present papers in English.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: I. Electronic applications should be submitted to nhb_acm_rpu-at-nhb.gov.sg. Attachments should not exceed 5MB.
II. The application package should include:
A. Completed application form;
B. Research title and proposal;
C. A clear scan of the certificate of the doctoral degree and, if the document is not in English, an official translation from the issuing university;
D. Recommendations from two referees in support of the application and research proposal. The referee should state how long and in what capacity he/she has known the applicant and evaluate the scholarly merit of the proposed research project, as well as the applicant’s research potential. Referees may also send the letters directly to [email protected] with the subject line “ACMF2019_<name of applicant>”.
E. One writing sample or copy of a chapter of the dissertation in English.
III. Candidates will receive email acknowledgements of the receipt of their applications by 15 December 2018. They will be informed of the results by the end of January 2019.
- Applications close on 15 December 2018.