Asian Development Bank is inviting applications for Internship Program for graduates to work in a major international development organization.
The Internship Program helps ADB enhance a platform to exchange and generate knowledge with external partners. It also enables ADB to identify potential future staff.
User Review( votes)
Applicants must be enrolled in a Master’s- or PhD-level program at a school in one of the ADB member nations, both prior to and after the internship assignment. Internship candidates have to be nationals of ADB members. The duration should be a minimum of eight (8) weeks (56 days) and a maximum of 26 weeks or six (6) months for one internship assignment.
Field of Internship: The Internship Program is a project-oriented learning opportunity for graduate students to gain experience through research assignments based on ADB’s current operational needs. The internship program offers the opportunity to work in a major international development organization.
Course Level: Internship
Internship Provider: Asian Development Bank
An internship can be taken in ADB Member Countries.
Eligibility: Internship candidates must:
- Be enrolled in a Master’s- or PhD-level program at a school in one of the ADB member nations, both prior to and after the internship assignment;
- Be engaged in academic study in a field directly related to ADB’s work;
- Be a national of one of ADB’s members;
- Possess an excellent command of English; and
- Have professional experience relevant to the assignment.
Internship Open for International Students: Yes (The applicants of Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Cook Islands, People’s Republic of China, Georgia, India, Indonesia, Fiji, Hong Kong, China, Kazakhstan, Kiribati, the Republic of Korea, Kyrgyz Republic, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Malaysia, Maldives, Marshall Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nauru, Nepal, Pakistan, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Samoa, Singapore, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Taipei,China, Tajikistan, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Tonga, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Viet Nam, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, The Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Turkey, Switzerland, United Kingdom and United States can apply).
Is this paid internship? Yes, Stipend is provided to all interns according to the location of internships up to 56 calendar days.
Internship Description: The Internship Program is a project-oriented learning opportunity for graduate students to gain experience through research assignments based on ADB’s current operational needs. ADB advertises internship assignments three times per year and welcomes motivated, open-minded, and self-directed individuals to apply.
Number of awards offered: Not Known
Internship Duration: The duration should be a minimum of eight (8) weeks (56 days) and a maximum of 26 weeks or six (6) months for one internship assignment.
Notification: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
How to Apply: The mode of application is online.
Eligible candidates apply through the ADB Career and Employment System (ACES).
- ADB announces the assignments on the website and candidates choose assignments of interest.
- Candidates apply through ACES, prepare for their CVs and answer the essay questions.
- All documents (CV and essay) are uploaded to ACES to complete application.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- To avoid errors in submission, applicants are advised not to wait until the last day of the application period in submitting their internship applications.
- ADB evaluates applications based on eligibility requirements, the relevance of academic study and work experience; and the level of interest and motivation to contribute to development work. ADB also considers institutional representation, gender, and nationality balance in the over-all intern selection process.
Internship Application Deadline: Application period for the 2018 Internship Program:
- 1st batch: August 15 to October 15, 2017
- On board: January 2018 onwards
- 2nd batch: December 1, 2017, to January 31, 2018
- On board: June 2018 onwards