Applications are invited for Asian Peacebuilders Scholarship (APS) which is offering by the University for Peace. Applications are accepted from students of all over Asia.
The objective of the programme is to train young Asian professionals to become peace building practitioners, ready to take up leading positions in organisations across the globe. In particular, the programme serves to strengthen the representation of Asian professionals with expertise in Asian issues.
Wonderful opportunity for international students to get educational fund.
User Review( votes)
UPEACE offers Master’s Degree Programmes in Peace and Conflict Studies for students from all parts of the world, students receive a high-quality education in a unique atmosphere with a focus on multicultural perspectives, theory and practical applications.
Application Deadline: August 13, 2021
- Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing master’s degree in the Philippines and Costa Rica.
- Study Subject: Scholars obtain 2 MA degrees, one from the University for Peace (UPEACE) in an area related to peacebuilding and the second from Ateneo de Manila University (AdMU) in Political Science with major in Global Politics.
- Scholarship Award: Students selected to participate in the APS programme receive a full scholarship that covers tuition, airfare, transit and some visa costs for all programme components, and a monthly stipend. The programme facilitates up to 30 students per cohort.
- Number of Scholarships: The programme facilitates up to 30 students per cohort.
- Nationality: Students from all over Asia
- Scholarship can be taken in Costa Rica and Philippines (field project should be taken in Asia).
- Eligible Countries: Students from all over Asia: Afghanistan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, China, East Timor, India Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Korea North, Korea South, Kuwait Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar (Burma), Nepal, Oman Pakistan, The Philippines, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Syria, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Thailand, Turkey, Turkmenistan, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan, Vietnam and Yemen can apply for this Asian Peacebuilders scholarship (Priority may be given to nationals of Japan, Laos, Thailand, Vietnam, Myanmar, Indonesia, Cambodia, Sri Lanka, and the Philippines in accordance with programme objectives).
- Entrance Requirements:
- Applications are accepted from students all over Asia, with preference given to students who:
- Have at least 2 years of work experience in a relevant field. Excellent candidates with less work experience are considered for participation on a case-by-case basis. Voluntary work, internships and student activities may be considered as work experience, if relevant for the programme.
- Have a Bachelor’s degree from a reputable institution.
- Demonstrate a compelling desire to work on issues related to peace and conflict.
- Demonstrate a commitment to learning in an international and multi-cultural environment.
- Are from countries where English is not widely spoken, particularly, but not limited to, Japan, Laos, Thailand, Vietnam, Myanmar, Indonesia, Cambodia, Sri Lanka, and the Philippines.
- How to Apply: The mode of application is online.
- Required Supporting Documents to be Uploaded:
- English-language Proficiency Test Scores Report
- Statement of Purpose
- Letters of Recommendation (AdMU recommendation letter form).
- Official Undergraduate Transcripts and Copy of Diploma (Master’s/Ph.D./Doctoral degree/Study Abroad experience: transcript issued by the University where the applicant participated as exchange/study abroad student – if applicable)
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume
- Copy of Passport
- Passport-size photo