Are you inspired by design-driven research to accelerate the sustainable energy transition in the built environment? Then you can apply for the Assistant Professor Positions for Design of Sustainable Energy Systems for Built Environment at Eindhoven University of Technology for the academic year 2022-2023.
This programme aims to support high-potential overseas candidates who want to undertake a postdoctoral degree at the university. The candidates must have a PhD in Mechanical engineering, Environmental sciences, Design engineering, Built environment, or a comparable domain to be eligible.
Amazing opportunity for students in Netherlands.
User Review( votes)
The Eindhoven University of Technology is a public technical university in the Netherlands. The Eindhoven University of Technology has been ranked in the top 200 universities in three major ranking systems. It offers a bachelor’s program and four master’s programs and consists of several research groups focusing on long-term, general, system-oriented research.
Why choose to study at the Eindhoven University of Technology? TU/e is known for turning out engineers who can solve problems that haven’t happened yet. Eindhoven’s unconventional teaching method is the outcome of cutting-edge research to assist students in developing the knowledge and skills they will need in the future.
Application Deadline: Candidates must submit their programme application before September 30, 2022.
- University or Organization: Eindhoven University of Technology
- Department: Mechanical engineering
- Course Level: Assistant Professor
- Award: Salary
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the Netherlands
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Assistant Professor Design of Sustainable Energy Systems for Built Environment.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Ability to conduct high-quality, interdisciplinary academic research, reflected by demonstrable products.
- Motivated to teach, contribute to teaching processes, and develop excellent teaching skills.
- Strong cooperation skills and ability to work in an interdisciplinary team.
- Effective communication and leadership skills, including coaching and mentoring students and staff, leading a project, or chairing a group.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply, candidates are required to complete the online application form.
- Supporting Documents: The application should include a:
- Cover letter in which you describe your motivation and qualifications for the position.
- Curriculum vitae, including a list of your publications and the contact information of three references.
- Description of your scientific interests and plans (1-2 pages).
- Statement of your teaching goals and experience (1-2 pages).
- Admission Requirements: Motivated researcher with a PhD in Mechanical Engineering, Environmental Sciences, Design Engineering, Built Environment, or a comparable domain.
- Language Requirement: Applicants must be fluent in spoken and written English.
- The Eindhoven University of Technology will provide the following study expenses:
- The Eindhoven University of Technology will provide the salary for successful applicants by the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities.
- A year-end bonus of 8.3% and annual vacation pay of 8%.
- A dedicated mentoring program to help you get to know the university and the Dutch (research) environment.
- High-quality training programs for academic leadership and teaching.
- An excellent technical infrastructure, on-campus children’s daycare, and sports facilities.
- Partially paid parental leave and an allowance for commuting, working from home, and internet costs.
- A Staff Immigration Team is available for international candidates, as is a tax compensation scheme (the 30% Facility) and Partner Career Support.