The Association of Commonwealth Universities offer ACU Blue Charter Fellowships. Applicants must be research staff or PhD students at ACU member institutions in any Commonwealth country.
The Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) supports the development of higher education as a power for good across the Commonwealth and beyond. As the world’s first international university network, we remain one of the most diverse
User Review( votes)
As part of the Marine Plastics Research & Innovation Framework, the ACU is launching a new fellowship programmed that will provide 35 academic fellows with 2-3 month placements at ACU member universities across the Commonwealth, as well as in industry.
- Application Deadline: March 31, 2021
- Course Level: The studentships are available to study Research fellowship.
- Study Subject: award is awarded to study any of the subjects offered by the university.
- Award: Fellows will receive a grant of up to £8000 GBP to cover travel, accommodation, sustenance, travel insurance, vaccinations and visa costs.
- Nationality: The grant is available to domestic students.
- Number of scholarship: Number not given.
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: The grant is available to international students
- Entrance Requirement: Applicants must be research staff or PhD students at ACU member institutions in any Commonwealth country.
- Applications from early career researchers (ECRs) are particularly welcomed. Early career is defined as current PhD students, researchers up to 10 years post-PhD, and also researchers who are returning to academic work following a career break.
- Applicants from any discipline will be considered, as long as they can demonstrate how their work relates to the topic.
- The fellowship must take place at an ACU member institution, or in industry, outside the fellow’s country of residence.
- Fellows are expected to be highly skilled and motivated researchers whose proposed research topic is innovative, timely, and likely to lead to wider impact beyond the academic community.
- Applicants must submit proof that the host institution is happy to host their fellowship as part of the application process.
- How to Apply: Complete the online application form by Wednesday 7 November at 23:59 GMT.
- Fellows who are ECRs will be assigned a specialist mentor at a third-party institution, which is not their home or host institution, who will provide support and advice during the fellowship.
- The fellowships will last between two and three months and must take place between 27 December 2018 and 31 March 2021.
Value of fellowships
- Fellows will receive a grant of up to £8000 GBP to cover travel, accommodation, sustenance, travel insurance, vaccinations and visa costs.
- All fellows will also receive a research grant of £2000 GBP for research costs – this can include conference participation – associated with the fellowship.