If you are a Singapore citizen and also considering applying for a scholarship then it is best to gather information about the A*Star Graduate Scholarship opportunity that is available in your home country.
Singapore citizens will be eligible to apply for a 2-year post-doctoral fellowship to further your research training at a top overseas university or research laboratory. The scholarship finances up to four years of your PhD studies in Singapore.
Nice opportunity for Singapore citizens.
User Review( votes)
The Agency for Science, Technology, and Research (A*STAR) drives mission-oriented research that advances scientific discovery and technological innovation. Its research creates economic growth and jobs for Singapore.
Application Deadline: August intake: By 31 January, January intake: By 31 July
University or Organization: The Agency for Science, Technology, and Research
Course Level: PhD program
Award: Full tuition fees
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: Varies
Nationality: Domestic students
The award can be taken in Singapore
Eligible Countries: Domestic students are particularly welcome.
Acceptable Course or Subjects: The sponsorship will be awarded in any PhD degree program subjects offered by the Institute.
Admissible Criteria: Eligible candidates are:
- Applicants must be Singaporeans and other nationals intending to take up Singapore citizenship
- Satisfy criteria for and seek admission to PhD program in an autonomous university
- Candidates must have obtained at least a 2nd Upper-Class Honors Degree or equivalent in relevant disciplines
- Participants must have a strong interest in a research career
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To take advantage of this program, interested students need to concurrently apply to the University for Admission. After then enrolled holders must be applying for a Full-Term Award here.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants may submit GRE scores (if available) to be included in the overall assessment of their application.
- Language Requirements: The applicant must have a good knowledge of English, both written and verbal.
Benefits: Successful applicants will be given the following support* for up to 4 years:
- Full tuition fees
- Monthly sustenance allowance, inclusive of CPF contribution (where applicable)
- Support for up to 12 months of overseas attachment
- Other allowances including
- Book allowance
- Computer allowance
- Conference allowance
- Thesis allowance