Applications are open for Australian Government Awards for students of Asia, Pacific, Africa, and the Middle East. These The studentships are available to undertake full-time undergraduate or postgraduate study at participating Australian universities and Technical and Further Education (TAFE) institutions.
The Australia Awards are prestigious international awards and fellowships funded by the Australian Government that aim to contribute to the long term development needs of Australia’s partner countries, in line with bilateral and regional agreements.
Wonderful offer for students.
User Review( votes)
The Department of Trade and Customs and the Department of External Affairs were among the first seven Commonwealth Departments established at Federation. It provides foreign, trade and development policy advice to the Government.
Why at Australian Government-Study and research opportunities provided by the Australia Awards Scholarship develop to develop the skills and knowledge of individuals and contribute to the growth in their own countries.
- University or Organization: Australian Government
- Department: Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
- Course Level: These opportunities are open for an undergraduate or postgraduate degree program.
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Asia, Pacific, Africa, Middle East
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Application Deadline: April 30, 2020
- Language: English
- Eligible Countries: Asia-Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Timor-Leste, Vietnam Pacific- Federated States of Micronesia, Fiji. Kiribati. Marshall Islands, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Republic of Palau, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Wallis, and Futuna Africa- Botswana, Ghana, Kenya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Nigeria, South Africa, Tanzania, Zambia Middle East.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The sponsorship will be awarded in any subject offered by the university
- Eligibility Criteria: This scholarship is open to the applicants must be from developing countries, particularly those countries located in the Indo-Pacific region, to undertake full-time undergraduate or postgraduate study at participating Australian universities and Technical and Further Education (TAFE) institutions.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply, the applicants must submit an online application.
- Supporting Documents: As part of the application, the applicants must submit all the required documents given on the application form.
- Admission Requirements: To be considered for this application , the applicants must take admission as full-time undergraduate or postgraduate study at participating Australian universities and Technical and Further Education (TAFE) institutions.
- Language Requirement: An applicant or awardee will meet DFAT’s English language requirements.
The university will provide all the following:
- full tuition fees
- return air travel—payment of a single return, economy class airfare to and from Australia, via the most direct route
- establishment allowance—a once only payment as a contribution towards accommodation expenses, textbooks, study materials
- Contribution to Living Expenses (CLE) – a fortnightly contribution to basic living expenses paid at a rate determined by the department.
- Introductory Academic Program (IAP)—a compulsory program prior to the commencement of formal academic studies covering information on living and studying in Australia
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the duration of the award (for award holder only)—provided to cover the scholar’s basic medical costs (with the exception of pre-existing conditions)
- Pre-course English (PCE) fees—if deemed necessary PCE may be available for students for in-country and/or in-Australia training
- supplementary academic support may be available to ensure a scholar’s academic success or enhance their academic experience
- fieldwork (for research awards and Masters by coursework which has a research component where fieldwork is compulsory) may be available for eligible research students for one return economy class airfare via the most direct route to their country of citizenship or within Australia.