The Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council is presenting a wonderful Discovery Fellowship Program to highly skilled researchers from around the world for the academic year 2020/21.
The award is introduced with an aim to contribute sufficient help to students who are going to undertake independent research and gain leadership skills. Up to 10 fellowships will be awarded to the eligible candidates.
Worthy opportunity for international applicants to pursue research in the UK.
User Review( votes)
Founded in 1994, the Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council is a national funding agency investing in bioscience research and training in the UK. BBSRC aims to advance scientific knowledge, promote economic growth and improve the quality of life in Britain and beyond.
Application Deadline: May 12, 2020
- Organization: Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Research
- Award: Up to £300,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 10
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: Applications are open to applicants of all nationalities.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded for a research program.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Applicants should have a PhD or be expecting to have undergone successful PhD viva prior to 30 November 2020.
- The previous requirement for applicants to have no more than 5 years of postdoctoral research experience has been removed.
- There is no limit on the number of years of postdoc experience. However, applicants should not hold, or have held, an academic position of lecturer level.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: In order to apply for this award, applicants must follow all the given steps:
- Log in to Joint Electronic Submission (Je-S) system
- Select Council: BBSRC
- Select Document Type: Fellowship Proposal
- Select Scheme: Fellowship
- Select Call/Type/Mode: Discovery Fellowship – 9 May 2020
- Click Create Document
- Supporting Documents: Proposals will require the following mandatory attachments (see also DF Je-S help text in application downloads below):
- CV, you should complete the standard CV template. (see application downloads below). This now includes a section to list applicant publications. We do not accept standalone CVs or publication lists.
- Case for support and track record
- Diagrammatic workplan
- Data management plan
- Head of Department statement. BBSRC has now introduced the use of a template for the Head of Department statement, see application downloads below. BBSRC will not accept a standalone statement.
- Statement from host group Principal Investigator (The Principal Investigator of the proposed host laboratory should hold their post for the duration of the fellowship and be of at least lecturer level or equivalent.)
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, applicants must have a previous year degree.
- Language Requirement: International students must have an internationally-recognized English language qualification for the opportunity.
BBSRC will provide funds of up to £300k (80% of the full economic cost). The total costs (100% full economic cost) requested may be up to £375,000.