The University of New South Wales offers Research Scholarships to Australian and Chinese students. Scholarships are available to pursue research for the academic session of 2017.
The aim of the Scholarships is to provide the good learning experience to Australian and Chinese students at University of New South Wales.
The University of New South Wales (UNSW; branded as UNSW Sydney) is an Australian public research university located in the suburb of Kensington in Sydney. The University of New South Wales), one of Australia’s leading research and teaching universities.
Course Level: These scholarships are available to pursue research.
Study Subject: These scholarships are awarded in the following fields:
- Scholarships are available in Sustainability, including climate change, carbon capture storage, and low emissions technology, biodiversity, and water stewardship.
- Governance, including corporate and local community governance, International Regulatory Systems
- Economic policy – Free Trade
- Women in leadership
Scholarship Award: These scholarships will cover the followings:
- The Scholarships are administered by FASIC and funding has been generously provided by BHP Billiton. The Scholarships will have a value of up to A$60,000 per annum and may be payable for up to three years, depending on the successful. Applicant’s course of study.
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for these scholarships:
- Applicants must be Australian citizens or have been granted Permanent Resident Status prior to the date of an Applicant’s submission of a Scholarship application. Applicants for the BHP Billiton David Walker Australian Studies Scholarship may be citizens of the People’s Republic of China.
- Applicants must have completed or be about to complete an undergraduate degree from an Australian or a Chinese university and be planning to undertake postgraduate study at a Chinese university (or an Australian university for those applying for the BHP Billiton David Walker Scholarship in Australian Studies) no later than in the calendar year following the year of the Applicant’s Scholarship award.
Nationality: Australian and Chinese applicants can apply for these Scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have completed or be about to complete an undergraduate degree from an Australian or a Chinese university.
English language Requirements: Students meet the necessary language proficiency requirements of the host institution.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via email.
- Academic excellence (outstanding university results, such as honors degrees)
- Academic focus in areas of priority interest for the Scholarship program identified above Leadership skills
- Strong academic and community referees
- Commitment to the enhancement of the Australia-China relationship
Application Deadline: Scholarships is application deadline is May 14, 2017.