Looking for a way to fund your PhD? Here is an opportunity for you. The Boehringer Ingelheim Fonds is awarding PhD Fellowships for European and Non-European citizens in Germany.
Worthy opportunity for European and Non-European citizens
User Review( votes)
The Boehringer Ingelheim Fonds (BIF) support up-and-coming junior scientists whose research projects experimentally elucidate the basic phenomena of human life. It is a public foundation – an independent, non-profit organization for the exclusive and direct promotion of basic research in biomedicine.
Why should apply to this program? The program gives a great opportunity for the candidates to build up a suitable career in research related field. It provides a diverse range of subjects with an emphasis on developing practical skills.
Application Deadline: October 1, 2019
- University or Organization: The Boehringer Ingelheim Fonds (BIF)
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD degree
- Award: Monthly stipend
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not known
- Nationality: European and Non-European citizens
- The award can be taken in Germany
- Eligible Countries: European and Non-European citizens
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: a PhD research project in Biomedical
- Admissible Criteria: The call is open for European citizens working in Europe or overseas, and to non-European citizens pursuing their PhD project in Europe. It must be experimental, in the field of basic biomedical research.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To take part in this program, aspirants are required to be registered as a PhD degree student at a recognized university. After taking acceptance, seekers can apply for this fellowship.
- Supporting Documents: Must attach the paper copies of the application including one CD, a project proposal must be written in English, two paper copies, detailed presentation of PhD project, reasons for wishing to work with a particular group, a summary of the final experimental thesis, list of applicant’s publications, letter of recommendation and a CV.
- Admission Requirements: For being admitted, claimants are recommended to hold the certificates of all academic qualifications, certificates of professional education, photocopies of high school diploma and secondary school leaving certificate.
- Language Requirement: Aspirants must have sufficient proficiency in English to carry out their research projects and collaborate effectively with colleagues.?
The fellowship provides a competitive monthly stipend that is initially granted for 2 years and that can be extended for up to another 12 months. In addition, fellowship holders will get personal support, seminars to discuss their projects, communication training, and alumni meetings, and thus can become part of a worldwide network.