Bremen International Graduate School of Social Sciences is recently accepting applications for doctoral positions at the University of Bremen or Jacobs University. These positions are funded by the German Research Foundation (DFG).
There are up to 7 studentships are available for outstanding international students in order to take part in a PhD degree program at the university for the session 2020/21.
User Review( vote)
BIGSSS is an international inter-university graduate school in the social sciences, located at the University of Bremen and Jacobs University Bremen. It provides the best international doctoral education.
Why should join this program? Here, students will gain an excellent research-driven education experience across disciplines. It supports the participants’ personal development in terms of soft skills and language skills.
Application Deadline: February 29, 2020
- University: University of Bremen or Jacobs University
- Department: Bremen International Graduate School of Social Sciences
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Salary
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 7
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Germany
- Eligible Countries: Applications are open for all over the world.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The program is characterized by interdisciplinary collaboration between researchers from various fields, particularly psychology, sociology and political science.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Candidates with strong academic abilities and a Master’s degree (or equivalent) in psychology, sociology, or political science.
- All accepted researchers are asked to move to Bremen for the program as a presence at the institution is required.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply for the grant, students have to take admission in the self PhD program at the University of Bremen or Jacobs University.
- Supporting Documents: To apply, candidates must submit all required documents in the following: Personal Information form (to be completed in the online admissions system)
- Curriculum Vitae (free text – PDF)
- Preliminary Dissertation Proposal (free text – PDF)
- One-page Proposal Abstract (free text – PDF)
- Statement of Purpose (free text – PDF)
- Statement of Skills and Experience with Methods of Empirical Social Research (free text – PDF)
- MA/BA/Diplom/Magister Certificates (scan – PDF)
- University Grade Transcripts (scan – PDF)
- Certification of English Proficiency (we accept TOEFL, iELTS, CAE/CPE (Cambridge Exams)) (scan – PDF)
- Two Recent Letters of Recommendation
- Admission Requirements: Please submit your application for a BIGSSS Regular PhD Fellowship in the RTG SELF electronically after creating an account in the online admissions system.
- Language Requirement: Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
Successful applicants will receive a work contract for 36 months, based on salary scale E13 TV-L/TVöD (65%), at Jacobs University or the University of Bremen.