BioToP is offering Ph.D. scholarship in Protein Biotechnology at BOKU – University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Vienna.
This program is open for highly qualified applicants from all over the world to apply for the Ph.D. Programme “Biomolecular Technology of Proteins (BioToP)”.
User Review( votes)
The University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences currently have around 12,500 students from over 100 countries. It is a research and education center.
Why at the University of Natural Resources? The university develops the mind of candidates on a higher level and teaches them communication skill to interact with people in the future.
Application Deadline: Closed
Candidates must go for the eligibility criteria-
- The educational award is available for citizens of any nationality.
- They can apply for the Ph.D. program in fields of structure-function analysis, engineering and design of proteins, protein synthesis, targeting, and post-translational modifications, expression systems, and cell factories and bioinformatics and molecular modeling.
- Applicants must hold an undergraduate degree equivalent to a master (corresponding to 300 ECTS) which would qualify them to start a Ph.D. thesis in their home country. Candidates who have not yet obtained their degree will be accepted if they will finish their studies latest by the end of December 2015.
- Candidates with only a bachelor degree (B.S.) or similar are not eligible.
- There is no strict age limit, however, should not be older than 30 years by the time applying for BioToP. In case there are special circumstances to be considered, please specify them.
- If applying for a wet-lab research project must have a master degree in biological sciences, biotechnology, chemistry, medicine or closely related subjects. The corresponding curriculum and the diploma or master thesis have to include experimental investigations in one of these fields.
- Students who have started their Ph.D. thesis in one of the participating laboratories more than 6 months before the call for applications are not entitled to apply for BioToP positions or join BioToP as external participants.
How to Apply
- How to apply: To apply for the award, the candidate must have to take admission in Ph.D. degree level at the university. After taking admission they can apply for the fund by completing an application form and send it via email [email protected]
- Supporting Documents: A copy of diploma or masters certificate (if already available), copy of candidates certificates obtained for coursework including grades (transcript of records) and a copy of passport’s name page.
- Language Requirement: To study at the university, the participants have to be good in English speaking and writing.
Students will receive funding according to the salary scheme of the Austrian Science Fund (net annual income after deduction of tax and social insurance approx. € 19.800,–). Furthermore, students will receive financial support for participation at International Conferences and for research stays abroad in collaborating international institutions.