Remove the economic hurdles that stand on your way of education. Apply for the Tan Kah Kee Postgraduate Scholarships at the University of Birmingham and support your study in the United Kingdom.
The purpose of the program is to provide financial assistance to students from Singapore who want to pursue postgraduate degree coursework for the academic year 2021/2022.
Marvellous opportunity for Singapore students to get financial support in the UK.
User Review( votes)
The University of Birmingham is a large, research-intensive institution. It is regarded as one of the most well-known universities in the United Kingdom. For more than a century, it has been contributing to society and creating brilliant minds. It has more than 37,000 students enrolled.
Why study at the University of Birmingham? This is a fantastic option for foreign students who want to provide their students with internships or job opportunities. Here, students have a plethora of career opportunities. Their professors have language and technical skills sufficient for students to engage in class and understand lectures.
Application Deadline: May 30, 2021
- University or Organization: University of Birmingham
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Postgraduate
- Awards: $12,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: Singapore
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Postgraduate degree will be awarded in Arts and Law, Engineering and Physical Sciences, Life and Environmental Sciences, Medical and Dental Sciences, Social Sciences
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Singaporean or Singapore Permanent Resident
- Outstanding academic record (a good Honours Degree or equivalent)
- A record of sustained commitment to serving the community
- Effectively bilingual.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: If you are interested to start your higher studies in the UK, then go ahead and take admission in a postgraduate degree program at the university. Once you receive your acceptance letter from the university, you can complete the online application form for the award.
- Supporting Documents: The required supporting documents are:
- Personal statement
- Certificates and transcripts of every completed year of study in College / University
- A confidential letter of recommendation from the current supervisor of undergraduate or postgraduate studies or employer
- Documentary evidence to prove that the applicant has been admitted to the stated college/ university for the course indicated on the application form
- Recommendation letter testifying or supporting documents (e.g. testimonials, press reports, samples of work, etc.) regarding track record in community service or volunteer work
- Admission Requirements: For a master’s degree program having a bachelor’s degree is a must.
- Language Requirement: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
The Successful applicants will each receive a one-off sum of S$12,000 for studying in the university. The scholarship is awarded once a year, and successful applicants may re-apply annually.